Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 11:15 AM

Re: Nosing in someone's phone

Morning Mups, Morning All.

Mups, your thread made me smile. I have plenty of opportunity to nose at HWMO's phone if I want to, because I have to remind him to take his phone with him every time he goes out, he finds it a nuisance having to carry it around with him!. Flippin heck, if I didn't charge it up for him every other day it would lie there obsolete on the coffee table. Even if it rings (99% sales) it's always me that has to look to see who is calling, he usually just says "if it's important, they'll leave a message". Definitely would raise suspicions if he suddenly started being possessive with his phone!!

Iknow this last paragraph is rather off topic but I wondered how people felt about opening their husband/wife/partner's mail?. I am astonished at the number of women I know who automatically open mail addressed to their partner/husband. Even those marked Private and Confidential. I can't get my head around that. Surely every person's privacy should be respected. I wouldn't dream of opening mail addressed to anyone else, unless asked to do so.

Maybe it's just me, again!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
There is no lock or secret number on my phone, anyone can read it, I have nothing to hide.

Same here susie, I wouldn't know how to lock it anyway.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wouldn't dream of looking at a person's phone unless invited to look at a photograph.
It would be like reading someone's diary or personal mail and an invasion of their privacy.
I feel the same. No way, phones are private. unless the person is chatting to someone on a bus or wherever & everyone around them can hear the conversation.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Morning Mups, Morning All.

Mups, your thread made me smile. I have plenty of opportunity to nose at HWMO's phone if I want to, because I have to remind him to take his phone with him every time he goes out, he finds it a nuisance having to carry it around with him!. Flippin heck, if I didn't charge it up for him every other day it would lie there obsolete on the coffee table. Even if it rings (99% sales) it's always me that has to look to see who is calling, he usually just says "if it's important, they'll leave a message". Definitely would raise suspicions if he suddenly started being possessive with his phone!!

Iknow this last paragraph is rather off topic but I wondered how people felt about opening their husband/wife/partner's mail?. I am astonished at the number of women I know who automatically open mail addressed to their partner/husband. Even those marked Private and Confidential. I can't get my head around that. Surely every person's privacy should be respected. I wouldn't dream of opening mail addressed to anyone else, unless asked to do so.

Maybe it's just me, again!!

Totally agree Shroppy, and I can honestly say I have never opened anyone's mail, without their knowledge, in my life.

I used to deal with a lot of my Mum's post for her towards the end, but only because she used to get very confused, plus her eyesight got so poor.
When her hearing went I had to check her answerphone, and ring people back for her too, but that was a different matter altogether, and nothing to do with 'nosing.'
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 12:21 PM

That certainly doesn't come under the banner of invading someone's privacy Mups. That was simply loving your mum and helping her. Full Stop.
Mrs Foxtrot
Southern England
Mrs Foxtrot is female  Mrs Foxtrot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 07:45 PM

I am a very nosy person but I've not snooped through anyone's phone.

I always delete anything which I wouldn't want anyone to see from my phone, so anyone looking through mine would be immensely bored.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 08:38 PM

I've never snooped on anyones phone.

I wouldnt feel the need to snoop on my husbands phone as I trust him and my husband could quite easily look through my phone if he wanted to but he wouldn't find anything of any interest except me best mate and I telling each other 'Love you' LOL.

I'm not sure I could say the same though if I suspected my husband of cheating as I would need to know and find out. Luckily it has never happened where I am suspicious though.

As for opening letters, my husband and I have always opened each others mail. We don't feel the need to keep anything private from each other. Its always bills anyway. It works for us but I get that some don't like that.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2019, 09:45 PM

Working in IT I often have to work on people phones and laptops the opportunity would always been there to snoop if I wanted but other people stuff is their business really and I have never been tempted at all, I think people are a bit more savvy with work equipment these days anyway and know they can get into trouble, this did not always used to be the case mind and I did have colleagues in the past who took great delight in seeing what the users had in their cache and temp files, there was certainly a couple of files I did not need to see , it led to one user to be forever known as “Clifford the cock” after one of the IT mob found his personal photos , different time

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top