Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 07:01 AM

Halloween

Hi

How much do you spend on it?

Do you enjoy it?

I live on an estate in a Town now, loads of littlies who love dressing up and coming round to collect their sweets.

It is very well done, a parent always with them, no hassle.

They have their little baskets and buckets and are always polite.

I really enjoy it.

£20 well spent
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 07:19 AM

Re: Halloween

Not a penny in the last fifteen years. As a man who lives on his own I'm not daft enough to hand out sweets to kiddies at my front door.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 07:31 AM

£50.00, for Blackout Curtains.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 07:31 AM

We haven’t had any ‘Hallowe’eners’ around here for years.

We don’t answer the door to anyone after dark these days anyway unless we are expecting someone we know.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 07:51 AM

I respect/keep All Hallows Eve.

Have never subscribed to the cheap and nasty 'trick or treat' thing. Even less these days. If children want to dress up and play games - that's fine - do it in their own homes or at a party somewhere. Do not come begging at my door as it will stay quite firmly closed.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 07:53 AM

To each their own with things like this. It's a bit like busking. Some people love it - doing it and entertaining people in the street or standing and listening and donating a buck or two. Others see it as begging. Halloween has a similar effect on people I find. Personally we love it and the kids in our neighbourhood have an absolute ball. We always stock up with a pile of goodies for them. I'ts a good excuse for the parents of the neighbourhood to catch up and have a chin wag. It's daylight saving time now so it's always light when the littlies come around. It's pretty big here but I've been in the US for Halloween and it's over the top there with decoration competitions of all houses in many neighbourhoods.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 08:01 AM

I don't like it & wish they wouldn't do it. Fifteen years ago a friend's 11 year old daughter did trick or treat with some of her friends & they insisted that her dad only watched from the end of the road..... because they thought they were too old to have parents with them.
The man at the house asked them to come in whilst he got their treats. Fortunately these kids were smart so got their treat and said "thanks" before rushing out through the door.... but not all children would if they thought about the treat rather than the dangers.
I have also heard of teenagers harassing older people, usually for money. I now make sure that my shutters are closed and the house is in complete darkness, from the outside, so people believe there is nobody home.

There are also too many costumes made with plastic, that get thrown away after..... so not celebrating Halloween could save children from fire or more shady dangers, and it may help reduce plastic waste , to save the planet!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 08:31 AM

Hi

I remember mischief night, before Bonfire night.

I like littlies, great fun and no trouble at all.

I cannot speak for anywhere else, here however we have loads of them enjoying an evening out getting dressed up and always with a Parent.

There is never any trouble.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 08:34 AM

My back gate is always locked.on Halloween night.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 09:59 AM

Since all the kids in this area grew up we hardly get anyone. I do keep a few sweets in case someone comes round though.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top