Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2019, 07:44 PM

Re: Halloween

We don't but the houses around here tie an orange balloon to the gate if they want to join in.
(Although as we all know,balloons are not good for the environment)

I suspect the modern Halloween was invented by Disney to sell movie merchandise to kids.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 05:45 AM

We go all out, carving jack-o-lanterns, and decorating out front with spider webs, grave markers, a skeleton in the rocking chair on the porch, and a ghost in the tree, and a giant spider hanging on the side of the house. I have a fog machine and a speaker that plays spooky sounds. I thoroughly enjoy having the kids come around. It's a night of great fun.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 07:32 AM

I refuse to fuel the path of a potential capitalist or future overweight person.
Being Tight as a Ducks Arse is probably in there also.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 08:52 AM

We don't get enough trick or treaters down my end of the village...I make a fuss about any we do get though...I always have lots of treats at the ready.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 09:08 AM

Hopefully, this year I'll be able to put one of our big laser up outside the house and display the Ghostbusters logo over the entire house.

I used to do the Halloweed disco for the school too which was a lot of fun, we used to get all the moving head lights and the sweeper beams, lasers, fog machines etc out from the warehouse for the kids it was epic. I don't do them anymore because after about 3 years of it its someone else's turn.

I love Halloween we always do a few pumpkins
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 11:21 PM

Hi

Really looking forward to it.

The local littlies are getting all excited about it, it is lovely to see the big smiles on their faces when they arrive all dressed up with their collection bags.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 12:21 AM

Coming home from College yestereve I noticed our Public Library now has a huge vampire bat dancing about on the roof. Must be one of those laser things Bread was talking about. At least ... I hope it is!!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 12:58 AM

Trump and Mrs Trump came out of the White House to celebrate halloween to the sound of The Addams Family theme .How apt.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
a giant spider hanging on the side of the house.
Even the mental image gives me the shivers!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 11:40 AM

Our children did it when they were young so I still return the favour.
I buy small packs of sweets and put them in a bowl with a scary vampire skeleton on it. The bowl has a concealed button and when the children start to delve in I press it. It makes a long, howling laugh and the wings flap which makes the bowl shake!
It's a good job I dont dress up too as I think some of the smaller children would be scared out of their wits!

We do sometimes get older kids who are not dressed up who seem to be looking for freebies and nothing else but I treat them the same.

I also put a lantern on the porch outside so the children know they're welcome.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top