Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 01:14 PM

Re: Narcissists are happier?

I think my dog might be a narcissist, he thinks it is all about him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 01:16 PM

How do you know if you are one?

You Feel Superior to Others. ...
You Constantly Need Attention. ...
You Constantly Look for Outside Validation. ...
You Take Perfectionism to a Whole New Level. ...
You Feel the Need to Shame Others. ...
You Don't Accept Your Failures—Or Your Role in Them. ...
You Ignore People's Boundaries.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
How do you know if you are one?

You Feel Superior to Others. ...
You Constantly Need Attention. ...
You Constantly Look for Outside Validation. ...
You Take Perfectionism to a Whole New Level. ...
You Feel the Need to Shame Others. ...
You Don't Accept Your Failures—Or Your Role in Them. ...
You Ignore People's Boundaries.
R*a*i*t. Down to a tee!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-10-2019, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
R*a*i*t. Down to a tee!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 07:14 PM

There is a saying that you should never judge anybody until you have walked a mile in their shoes!

People who seek attention may have mental health problems & the attention helps them. Criticism often makes things worse for them, so perhaps a little understanding from people who know them well, would help them more!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-10-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
There is a saying that you should never judge anybody until you have walked a mile in their shoes!

People who seek attention may have mental health problems & the attention helps them. Criticism often makes things worse for them, so perhaps a little understanding from people who know them well, would help them more!
I won't mention Danny La Rue in that case.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

But surely Twink, anyone who doesn't conform to what is classed as 'normal' could also be tagged as suffering mental illness....

I do think that these days we are quick to diagnose mental illness, can't these people just be eccentric, unconventional or different?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
But surely Twink, anyone who doesn't conform to what is classed as 'normal' could also be tagged as suffering mental illness....

I do think that these days we are quick to diagnose mental illness, can't these people just be eccentric, unconventional or different?
Of course they can Foxy, I just thought that if murderers and other criminals could use mental illness as an excuse for doing things wrong, I would use it to try and stop people criticising people they have never met, so don't know!
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 12:35 AM

If they are happier, it's because they stress those around them. They thrive on it. I've seen it all too often. Better to keep your distance from them.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 07:24 AM

I have a few pals who are very outgoing and remembered wherever they go I would call that exuberance though a big personality ...yes they like to be the centre of attention...but that's just how they are.... nothing sinister in that.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top