Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:40 AM

Re: Trick Or Treat!

It's well organised here nowadays .... people who want to dish out sweets to kids put their cross on the map on the local community website. Those that don't, don't get bothered.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 11:56 AM

Hi

I don't have a problem with supervised visits, no risk.

The local Littlies have rules, they are allowed into front gardens to retrieve balls and frisbees.

They are not allowed to knock on doors or to go into back gardens without an adult present.

They can come and play with the Pretendies only if they have asked Mum for permission and Mum or Grandma is always here when that happens.

I think that is a very sensible decision.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies.
A mix of comments, some ok with trick or treaters, some not. Daughter was here last night with me, but her partner sat in their house with all the lights out so no one would come to his door.
I thought that hilarious. He only needed a sign on the door to say no.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 04:53 PM

Not one knock...but I did lock my gate

I noticed in Sainsburys today...some Halloween costumes.....reduced from £15..to £3.50pence
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Well, expecting a lot of little darlings, we only got one Family, of 3, very polite children & they only took one sweet each, so I gave them another each. The sweets were lollipops or sherbet things. I now have a lot left to eat myself.
Their Mum was waiting at the top of the drive too, so they were supervised. Such well brought up children.

Did any of you get many?
Howya Tiff.
We had a lot of kids calling, the wife made up 50 bags of sweets and when they were gone she had to make up another dozen for the stragglers at the end, there’s not a jellybean left in the house to chew on, “Feed the World Phyllis” has seen to that. But she enjoyed it all and that’s the main thing.
Off to Lidi shortly to restock, I need me sugar.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Not one knock...but I did lock my gate

I noticed in Sainsburys today...some Halloween costumes.....reduced from £15..to £3.50pence
If they get sold & they should at that price, they'd be ok for fancy dress or next years halloween.

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Howya Tiff.
We had a lot of kids calling, the wife made up 50 bags of sweets and when they were gone she had to make up another dozen for the stragglers at the end, there’s not a jellybean left in the house to chew on, “Feed the World Phyllis” has seen to that. But she enjoyed it all and that’s the main thing.
Off to Lidi shortly to restock, I need me sugar.
I have lots of sweets, you could have had some of mine.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top