Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

21-07-2020, 01:55 PM

Things you wish you had done when younger?

I would have liked to have swum with sharks and also done a parashute jump.

My children were going to pay for me to swim with sharks at an aquarium, not too far from here, for my 60th birthday ten years ago, but I had to have a medical certificate first. I have a problem with my left ear due to untreated ear infections as a kid, I was advised it was very unwise to do so.

I never had the opportunity to do a parashute jump in the past, I think it unwise to sign up for one now as my arthritis is getting worse.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 02:04 PM

Re: Things you wish you had done when younger?

I always wanted to swim but never did.

Also I would have loved to be able to ride a horse, my favourite big animal ..... all I got as far as was riding a donkey and camels several times.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 02:11 PM

I wish I had bought a farm ( only a little one) when I had the chance .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 02:29 PM

I wish I'd not let my mother stop me from travelling. I was in my last year st school and I wanted to travel. I decided to write to the Cunard Shipping Company to see if I could get a job on one of their cruise ships. I was asked to come to Southampton for an interview, it was at that point I had to tell my mother what I'd done and she went Balistic. She wouldn't let me go and she watched me like a hawk as she was well aware I was quite capable of sneaking away. I had the money for the fare as I'd been working after school and at W/Es for over a year.
I wish now I'd just gone and told her later if I'd got a job.

With my bag packed, and outside and my running shoes on.
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I would have liked to have swum with sharks and also done a parashute jump.

My children were going to pay for me to swim with sharks at an aquarium, not too far from here, for my 60th birthday ten years ago, but I had to have a medical certificate first. I have a problem with my left ear due to untreated ear infections as a kid, I was advised it was very unwise to do so.

I never had the opportunity to do a parashute jump in the past, I think it unwise to sign up for one now as my arthritis is getting worse.
I'm a bit rusty on the rules as far as skydiving is concerned. I took a weekend course a while back (static line) at Headcorn Aerodrome.
Being just over forty at the time I was required to provide a letter from my GP , cost me seventy quid I think.
Frustratingly if a student didn't make an initial jump within four weeks of taking/passing the course he or she was obliged to start from scratch.
The weather was not kind!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wish I had bought a farm ( only a little one) when I had the chance .
Same here, it was a bungalow with 8 acres. I would have had 2 horses, ducks, chickens, A dog & a farm cat or two. OH didn't want the raised mortgage though so we stayed here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Same here, it was a bungalow with 8 acres. I would have had 2 horses, ducks, chickens, A dog & a farm cat or two. OH didn't want the raised mortgage though so we stayed here.
We are sisters from a different mother
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We are sisters from a different mother
We certainly could be.
That bungalow was sold & the people who bought it got planning permission & built another bungalow on one of the fields & sold that. We could have made money out of it. Ah! The joys of hind sight.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 04:56 PM

I wish had learned to play Bridge. I did have a chance to and turned it down.
Silly me!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 05:20 PM

Joined the WRAF . my life would have been totally different, I was a silly girl.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top