Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 11:19 PM

Useless Inventions

What do you think are the daftest, most useless inventions?

I can think of two things that I think are pretty useless.

1. Plastic kitchen jugs and those little medicine measuring pots that are marked out in Mls, that are made in white plastic, and the measurements are also in white - same as the background!

What kind of twerp thought it a good idea to put white measuring marks on a white background!

2. Those 're-sealable' polythene bags where you have to line up the two narrow strips along the top, and squeeze them together to seal the bag.
A skill I have yet to perfect!

What inventions do you think are a waste of time?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 11:22 PM

Re: Useless Inventions

No doubt it must have been a man who invented them, Mups
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No doubt it must have been a man who invented them, Mups

Oh yes Mags, you can be sure of that.

No doubt they got well paid for such useless objects too.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What do you think are the daftest, most useless inventions?

I can think of two things that I think are pretty useless.

1. Plastic kitchen jugs and those little medicine measuring pots that are marked out in Mls, that are made in white plastic, and the measurements are also in white - same as the background!

What kind of twerp thought it a good idea to put white measuring marks on a white background!

2. Those 're-sealable' polythene bags where you have to line up the two narrow strips along the top, and squeeze them together to seal the bag.
A skill I have yet to perfect!

What inventions do you think are a waste of time?
Actually there are many inventions which I would class as a waste of time but not those two.

I can sympathise with the former and I felt the same but I bought a replacement set of measuring cups with the size printed on them in easy to read red ink, used them once to measure cooking oil and the printing disappeared, so the engraved ones seemed like a good idea there after. Highlight the writing with a texta

As for the zip lock bags I think they are brilliant - the key is to close them by closing them by sliding fingers from the end - they self align. dead easy
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 12:19 AM

The book about how to speak French which was translated into French
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 12:23 AM

I love zip lock bags when they have a zip, but not the ones you tie or squeeze together. They are so annoying. Yes you can line them up but life is too short to find that perfect seal. I do feel guilty using them. Someone should invent some biodegradable ones.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2020, 05:55 AM

I agree about the measuring jugs - this one is the best I have ever seen!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OXO-Good-Gr...kle_mcd_asin_0
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-07-2020, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I love zip lock bags when they have a zip, but not the ones you tie or squeeze together. They are so annoying. Yes you can line them up but life is too short to find that perfect seal. I do feel guilty using them. Someone should invent some biodegradable ones.

Yes, I entirely agree Annie.
The zip ones are good, but not those other stupid things.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-07-2020, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I agree about the measuring jugs - this one is the best I have ever seen!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OXO-Good-Gr...kle_mcd_asin_0

Is that a pyrex one Tabby?
I have pyrex jugs with proper markings, it's just those stupid plastic ones that don't.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-07-2020, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The book about how to speak French which was translated into French

Yes, I can understand that being frustrating Judd.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top