Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 08:01 PM

Re: Ideas for a New Business

So ask yourself this first.

What is your objective in deciding on a business.

Think that out carefully
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm a detective by nature. If I was 50 years younger, I'd be a private eye with a room above a shop in the west end. The cops can't be bothered to solve simple crimes like murders anymore. And there are many well-to-do types out there that would pay big bucks for answers.

Oooh dood, that's a good idea! Can I join you
Reminds me of that guy years ago in the B & W era of TV ... bugga if I can remember the name of the series or his name though
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 08:06 PM

Most of my working life was spent in corporate party planning. Here in the 21st c. I'd venture out into events for Russian oligarchs ... the glamourous seedy side of London. £100k minimum spend.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Oooh dood, that's a good idea! Can I join you
Reminds me of that guy years ago in the B & W era of TV ... bugga if I can remember the name of the series or his name though
Sure babe, now's the time. This is not the B & W era of TV with worn out shoe leather.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 08:13 PM

(Sorry off topic marciniak)

Gawd it's taken me ages to find who I meant... it was:

Alfred Burke in Public Eye

(will creep out now)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfred-Burke-007.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	13337  
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:21 PM

Yes to the parcel box if it worked on a scanned code. So you open it with an electronic device that has your purchases linked in. That way any delivery driver can scan it open without the need to learn the code that makes it work. I would just like to be able to go check for parcels like you check the post. It's not going to work with the really bulky items but would be great for most things.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 09:25 PM

But of course the parcel box will never take off because you'd need all the postal services to buy in the tech.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
But of course the parcel box will never take off because you'd need all the postal services to buy in the tech.

Its a thriving business with lots of competition in market thats growing fast.

Some of the technology available with some of these Parcel Boxes, track and trace, plus apps and more all designed to work with the couriers.

Mind, looking at the basic household parcel box, although the idea behind it is good..... I would recomend they look at the aesthetic quality.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm a detective by nature. If I was 50 years younger, I'd be a private eye with a room above a shop in the west end. The cops can't be bothered to solve simple crimes like low-profile murders anymore. And there are many well-to-do types out there that would pay big bucks for answers.
Now I like that idea.... mind the people I would have under surveillance... would have to be the non violent types.

Following a Cheating partner... perhaps carrying out investigations for solicitors, or local authorities
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
The changes/laws to how we now go about everyday living, has sadly devastated many businesses, both big and small.

For most existing businesses, costly alterations are required to comply with the new norm.

Sadly, the new norm will restrict business turnover and profits, meaning closure

With Change comes opportunity, is there a new business idea/plan, that can take advantage of the current situation, providing a needed profitable service

I believe Ordering on line with parcel deliveries has, and will increase much more due to today’s circumstances.

But the inconvenience of being in to collect, sign and record the delivery can be a pain.

So would you buy a Parcel Box that could be fitted to the front, side or where to your house, that could enable the delivery service to tap in a code for access to place the parcel in, whilst recoding the relevant information, time, date, parcel number and delivery man. Also this box could be used to return a parcel too
No, definitely not! I live out in the countryside but I still wouldn't trust a box outside my home to have parcels put in. No matter where you live there will always be opportunist thieving little beggars that will ensure your parcel will be gratefully received.

In fact, I am always fascinated at how many Americans have post boxes outside of their properties and trust that their mail will still be there when they look. Very trusting people. I wouldn't trust the same here in the UK I'm sorry to say.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top