Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 01:19 PM

Tall or Short

As a lad I was the biggest in the class… and I hated being the biggest.

Team photo, at the back…why couldn’t I sit on a chair in the front, why when my smaller mates caused the same amount of noise/trouble I would get the telling off.. When the little kid fell and cried, everyone felt sorry… me.. I was a big sissy if I cried. The boys two years above me school always wanted to fight me, because I was the same size as them, but not as tough… so I made them look good.

How I wished I was smaller like my class mates…. Yes they got away murder, when they were naughty, cheeky monkeys they were… and all the girls liked the smaller boys as they were funny…. And the older boys didn’t fight or pick on them.

But things did change, I carried on growing, and used my size as an advantage, well I also learnt a few skills too. So yes, being tall from my teens to now I think is better than being smaller.

Did you wish you were taller… or shorter…. Are there more advantages being tall/small ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 01:28 PM

Re: Tall or Short

I am the opposite to you, Marciniak - I am only small.

My ex-husband was almost 6'2" and I looked like his kid rather than his wife. I seemed to be talking to his belly button most of the time.

I remember when I was in my early teens and all self-conscious, I wouldn't even be seen out in the garden without high heels on!
I used to complain bitterly to my Mum and she used to tell me gentlemen liked petite women, bless her.

How tall are you?
I am only 4'10 & half. I dread to think what will happen if I shrink with age.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 01:35 PM

I'm 5ft 3ins, about average......? But I'm very small compared to my OH who is 6ft 2in, and the big Scunner calls me "Short Erse". gggggrrrrr
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 01:57 PM

I was about 5' 3" but more like 5' 2" now so yes, I have shrunk.
I was glad not to be tall, both of my parents were taller than me when I reached my full height, Dad over 6' & Mum 5' 7". It meant I could ride ponies for more years & not be too big or heavy for them, I was quite thin too in those days & I loved riding ponies. Rode 14.2hh's well into my 40's.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

24-07-2020, 02:18 PM

I was tall for my age at primary school, at the age of 10 I was only half an inch shorter than I am now, which is 5' 2.5". But I stopped growing by the age of 12, possibly due to all the many falls I sustained, I was always doing something crazy. Nothing much has changed in my old age!

My three sisters are taller than me, two of our three daughters are taller and our grandchildren are also taller. Three of the four boys are over 6' tall, our granddaughter, 12, is taller than me. I encouraged the grandchildren to grow taller than me by offering them £10 as soon as they got half an inch taller, it has obviously worked.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 02:54 PM

Would not want to be tall like Peter, he has to "Crouch".
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 02:56 PM

I was 6'1" but now I've shrunk a bit to 6'½". Isn't this something to do with the discs in your vertebrae shrinking in thickness with age?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:07 PM

I was 5'6" but now I'm 5'5".

Mr Mags was 5'10" and he is now 5'9"

My twins were the same height growing up but now my son is 6'1 and my daughter is 5'4".

My granddaughter (19) is 5'6" and my grandson (17) is 6'2"

Not forgetting SIL, he is 6'1".
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:10 PM

5'10 1/2'' - I have lost an inch somewhere.....

But I'm still happy with that.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:12 PM

Standing up I'm 6 foot 2 (don't know in Meters).

Lying Down, I'm 13 inches (waistline!)

Standing on my head I'm 2 foot 6.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top