Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:15 PM

Re: Tall or Short

Because of Covid I have been raiding the fridge and cupboards out of sheer boredom, I am now taller lying down than I was before lockdown
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:21 PM

I am 5ft 1 and 3/4 ins. That 3/4 inch was very important as I longed to continue growing. I wanted to join the police but, in those days, there was a height requirement of 5ft 4 ins.

At 15 years old I did go along to the doctor to enquire if there was anything I could take to encourage growth.

Alas, he couldn't recommend anything and suggested, jokingly, that if I wanted a job with a uniform then I could join the buses as a conductress! Probably in this day and age I could have taken him to a tribunal.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:23 PM

I was always 5ft 5in whereas all my brothers were around 6ft.
I was recently weighed and height measured. Happy with my weight but now 5ft 4in. Where did that missing inch go?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by tedc ->
standing up i'm 6 foot 2 (don't know in meters).

Lying down, i'm 13 inches (waistline!)

standing on my head i'm 2 foot 6.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am the opposite to you, Marciniak - I am only small.

My ex-husband was almost 6'2" and I looked like his kid rather than his wife. I seemed to be talking to his belly button most of the time.

I remember when I was in my early teens and all self-conscious, I wouldn't even be seen out in the garden without high heels on!
I used to complain bitterly to my Mum and she used to tell me gentlemen liked petite women, bless her.

How tall are you?
I am only 4'10 & half. I dread to think what will happen if I shrink with age.
Snap Mups.

I am the same and still shrinking after surgery
It is true that many tall men love petite women and my husband was 6 ft but also shrunk with age.
All my children and grandchildren all quite tall, some 6ft and the girls from 5 5 to 5.8
If I say "I'm the smallest in the family" They reply
"Yes,but you are the prettiest".
Once when a man came to the front door wanting to see my husband ,he asked me "Is your father in"
Husband was not amused!!

marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am the opposite to you, Marciniak - I am only small.

My ex-husband was almost 6'2" and I looked like his kid rather than his wife. I seemed to be talking to his belly button most of the time.

I remember when I was in my early teens and all self-conscious, I wouldn't even be seen out in the garden without high heels on!
I used to complain bitterly to my Mum and she used to tell me gentlemen liked petite women, bless her.

How tall are you?
I am only 4'10 & half. I dread to think what will happen if I shrink with age.
I am 6' 2'' and weigh in at at around 19 stone.. mind muscle is heavier than fat...Mrs M 5' and around 9 stone.

Yes dancing a smooch just never felt right.

Strange how we worry and wished to be like someone else then, mind that was very sweet of your mam.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 05:27 PM

As for shrinking.... our ears will continue to grow. Cant see that helping, unless you want to keep having them pierced
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I am 6' 2'' and weigh in at at around 19 stone.. mind muscle is heavier than fat...Mrs M 5' and around 9 stone.

Yes dancing a smooch just never felt right.

Strange how we worry and wished to be like someone else then, mind that was very sweet of your mam.

no—muscle is not heavier than fat. If you weigh two trays, one tray with one pound of muscle and one tray with a pound of fat, the scale will be perfectly aligned. One pound of muscle is equal to one pound of fat. But one pound of muscle takes up less space than a kilogram of fat because of a difference in density.
marciniak
wales uk

24-07-2020, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
no—muscle is not heavier than fat. If you weigh two trays, one tray with one pound of muscle and one tray with a pound of fat, the scale will be perfectly aligned. One pound of muscle is equal to one pound of fat. But one pound of muscle takes up less space than a kilogram of fat because of a difference in density.

Of course it is .... like a ton of feathers and a ton of bricks... which is heavier

I had to think then, will have to stop saying that now

I knew I should have said I got heavy bones
Vlad
West Midlands UK

24-07-2020, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Of course it is .... like a ton of feathers and a ton of bricks... which is heavier

I had to think then, will have to stop saying that now

I knew I should have said I got heavy bones
Brill !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top