Join for free
Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 09:22 AM

Re: Being A Member on the OFF

What a lovely thread
I joined in June 2015, along with a number of other people from another site.

There were 2 lovely ladies here, when I arrived, who were caring for husbands with MND and I often wonder how they are doing now. It is a condition where the patient needs constant care, till they depart this world, so I often wonder how those ladies are coping now. I even sent one of them a PM recently but I suspect that she doesn't look in here now.

It was good to hear from Azz again and I wanted to tell Surfermom that I remember so well when you joined and the story about the dog you saved, when you first posted here.

I would just like to say to anybody, who is still a member but hasn't posted for a while. Please say hello again, because every member here will be known by some of us & it would be lovely to hear from you
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

29-07-2020, 12:25 PM

I must admit I find it rather sad that that some people find forums so important to them. I only join them as a displacement activity for when I have nothing to do for a few minutes. I leave when I get fed up with them as I do more often than not.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle;1942568[B
]I must admit I find it rather sad that that some people find forums so important to them[/B]. I only join them as a displacement activity for when I have nothing to do for a few minutes. I leave when I get fed up with them as I do more often than not.
For some a forum is the only contact with the outside world, some people may feel really lonely or suffer social anxiety so a forum is a fabulous way for them to be included in discussion and making a few friends along the way.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I must admit I find it rather sad that that some people find forums so important to them. I only join them as a displacement activity for when I have nothing to do for a few minutes. I leave when I get fed up with them as I do more often than not.
I find it sad that you have no other use for spare time than to come on a forum & try to irritate people!

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
For some a forum is the only contact with the outside world, some people may feel really lonely or suffer social anxiety so a forum is a fabulous way for them to be included in discussion and making a few friends along the way.
You are right Lion Queen, many people need forums to have somebody to talk to.
The rest of us come on here, to ask questions, laugh at funny posts and show respect & sympathy to members who may be having a difficult time.

It always makes me wonder why people who find them boring & don't take them seriously , don't look for something that suits their personality better, rather than criticize!
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 01:22 PM

As a newbie, and someone who is new to this.

I must admit, Mrs M and my kids along with a few friends thought I were sad.

Well I have found it quite addictive, and I can see so many benefits being member, none more than for people who are stuck home.

Sad, no way... As a matter of fact a few friends and family have now been looking in..... they take the mick out of me for trying to be all posh with no swearing at every one.

But also they make comments... Like that one is a trouble maker, and that one.... What a load of tosh... he's bang on ... some have even come to admire certain posters, and their opinions.... who speak what they think.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

29-07-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
As a newbie, and someone who is new to this.

I must admit, Mrs M and my kids along with a few friends thought I were sad.

Well I have found it quite addictive, and I can see so many benefits being member, none more than for people who are stuck home.

Sad, no way... As a matter of fact a few friends and family have now been looking in..... they take the mick out of me for trying to be all posh with no swearing at every one.

But also they make comments... Like that one is a trouble maker, and that one.... What a load of tosh... he's bang on ... some have even come to admire certain posters, and their opinions.... who speak what they think.
Tell your family "Don't knock it till you have tried it"
We all find it a bit addictive, till we remember something more important that we should have done!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 01:44 PM

What a thoroughly unpleasant thing to say.

Yes, we've noticed you keep leaving for a while, but always return later under the guise of a different name - but a Leopard never changes it's spots.

Everyone has their own personal reason for being here (you included), and it is not up to you to judge, Tarantula.
If anyone needs a bit of company, then good luck to them, at least they are making an effort to be sociable.

I notice you are on here several times a day too, so one can only assume you ' have nothing to do' quite often, so I suggest you don't knock others for doing the same.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

29-07-2020, 01:44 PM

My family don't think much of forums or social media in general, and don't approve of me posting on them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 01:46 PM

With all due respect MP....just an observation...I find you post on a thread laying “ your bait” then scarper!....

Never to return to said thread...you do that a lot to different members.

I have noticed a few take your bait...but most don’t.

Hands up.....I have also done this in the past.....for me it was bitterness that I hadn’t let go of and took it out on everybody else.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What a thoroughly unpleasant thing to say.

Yes, we've noticed you keep leaving for a while, but always return later under the guise of a different name - but a Leopard never changes it's spots.

Everyone has their own personal reason for being here (you included), and it is not up to you to judge, Tarantula.
If anyone needs a bit of company, then good luck to them, at least they are making an effort to be sociable.

I notice you are on here several times a day too, so one can only assume you ' have nothing to do' quite often, so I suggest you don't knock others for doing the same.
Each to their own, eh Mups?

It's nice to get an occasional sense of comradery on sites such as these at times. It's also nice to argue one's point of view, learn and adapt, especially from such a wide range of experiences, beliefs and knowledge. Where else is this ever realistically likely to happen, yet alone with the opportunity to backtrack and edit one's thoughts before too many people notice?

On the whole, I think one gets as much out of these places as one is prepared to put in. But we all need a break at times, irrespective of how long this might be.

Page 8 of 18 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top