Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 06:38 PM

Re: Alternative Medicines and Treatments.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Probably does. Only as an individual activity though. No one else involved!

Back to the OP. Organic life is complex to the Nth degree. Even now although the human genome has been mapped the interaction that takes place during the growth from cell to man or mouse is only now being investigated.

Alternative medicine? I'm keeping a very open mind indeed.

Best way.
Open minds learn more than closed ones.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I know a number of people who have tried alternative therapies who have been damaged by them, so will give them a very wide berth.

Whilst tried and tested medications are not always successful or good for one, I would prefer to rely on science rather than airy fairy nonsense.

Having said that I prefer not to indulge in any sort of medication or therapies. I have anxiety syndrome, and was offered counselling for it, I had a few sessions, but soon gave them up. I have no interest in changing anything about myself, as I wouldn't be me if I did.
I've seen more people damaged and disabled by conventional medicine than all the Alternative medicine patients put together. It's very rare for any alternative medicine treatment to be harmful even it doesn't work.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I know a number of people who have tried alternative therapies who have been damaged by them, so will give them a very wide berth.

Whilst tried and tested medications are not always successful or good for one, I would prefer to rely on science rather than airy fairy nonsense.

Having said that I prefer not to indulge in any sort of medication or therapies. I have anxiety syndrome, and was offered counselling for it, I had a few sessions, but soon gave them up. I have no interest in changing anything about myself, as I wouldn't be me if I did.

Would you like to explain that obscure statement a little better please?

1. How many people do you know who were 'damaged'?

2. Which Therapies do you believe damaged them?

3. What was the damage exactly?

I am also not clear on your next comment about " you prefer to rely on science, not air fairy nonsense" but then go on to say "you prefer not to indulge in any medication" - even though you have an anxiety disorder.
So you prefer scientific meds, yet won't take them?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top