Join for free
Page 11 of 19 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:29 PM

Re: Anti Cyclists

Brake Blocks and Buckled Wheels were the curse of the Cyclist for unintended resistance, now bikes have disc brakes and, have yet to try one equipped in this way, will do so soon, and report back.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I noticed during the lockdown when l was driving to the supermarket, how cheeky cyclists had become.
It was like they were now King of the Road, and could dominate the width of the road. This was done by nonchalantly taking up most of it and not caring a damn about cars being stuck behind them.
Something like this happened to me a couple of years ago. The cyclist who had no lights was weaving from side to side on a narrow winding road slowly and deliberately in such a way that I could not overtake. When I did eventually pull in somewhere to try he spat at the car. I was so upset that I turned the car around. I wasn't driving fast or harassing him he was just a horrible guy. The trouble is that you can't do anything because half of them have cameras on their heads but they have no licence plate on their vehicle.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:30 PM

So l take it, you ride a bicycle?
Not any more

Pedestrians walk, they aren’t on two wheels!
What about those using zimmer frames and pull-along shopping basket thingies? Plus those mobility scooter things. Answer that then, eh Izzy. Go on, I dare you ...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not any more

What about those using zimmer frames and pull-along shopping basket thingies? Plus those mobility scooter things. Answer that then, eh Izzy. Go on, I dare you ...

Dextrous, Sometimes, you are nasty piece of work....On yer bike!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:35 PM

What about a cyclist pushing his (or Hers) pushbike??
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Something like this happened to me a couple of years ago. The cyclist who had no lights was weaving from side to side on a narrow winding road slowly and deliberately in such a way that I could not overtake. When I did eventually pull in somewhere to try he spat at the car. I was so upset that I turned the car around. I wasn't driving fast or harassing him he was just a horrible guy. The trouble is that you can't do anything because half of them have cameras on their heads but they have no licence plate on their vehicle.
It is indeed a huge irritation that there are those cyclists who mkae such a bad name/reputation for the vast majority of sensible ones.

Cyclists' Lives Matter. If anyone disagrees, I trust they will get round to removing the plaque made for Sir Frank Bowden
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

28-07-2020, 10:37 PM

Let's get busy and deal with those prams and wheelchairs while we're at it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->

Yeah, they are the preferred mode for delivering drugs too! I have seen drug dealers on bikes, throwing the drugs into parked cars!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

28-07-2020, 10:39 PM

Many Posters have an "Hard Edge".
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

28-07-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Mind you, it is somewhat irritating when you get a couple of cyclists dumping their bikes on the floor outside shops, which are a trip hazard, to say the least.

Page 11 of 19 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top