Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Westender
Sussex, UK
Westender is male  Westender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 03:34 PM

Re: Forgiveness..

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
I can never understand why people talk about thoughts coming from the heart, when that organ has nothing to do with consciousness!
The Ancient Egyptians discarded the brain during mummification. The heart was the only major organ left in the body. It was the seat of understanding. Ignorance yes, but stupid?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 03:36 PM

What spirit are you talking about, gin, whisky, vodka, brandy?
That's not even remotely funny considering the context of this thread.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

28-07-2020, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Westender ->
The Ancient Egyptians discarded the brain during mummification. The heart was the only major organ left in the body. It was the seat of understanding. Ignorance yes, but stupid?
No doubt they knew no better, we do in this day and age.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 03:45 PM

No doubt they knew no better, we do in this day and age.
Who knows....perhaps in the future people might find something else which explains things even more important than the brain in terms of attributes.
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

28-07-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Who knows....perhaps in the future people might find something else which explains things even more important than the brain in terms of attributes.
I doubt that very much.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 03:53 PM

There's an old Ashkenazi aphorism that suggests that the centre of cognition actually moves seperate from the physical brain within the body of a man according to emotion.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 03:56 PM

I doubt that very much.
Of course you do, and I welcome your skepticism

On the whole, I've often said that the only fixed opinion one should have is not to have a fixed opinion

After all, if everyone remained of the opinion that the Ancient Egyptians was right, then we wouldn't know better now, would we?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

28-07-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There's an old Ashkenazi aphorism that suggests that the centre of cognition actually moves seperate from the physical brain within the body of a man according to emotion.
Fascinating. Can't comment due to ignorance. Might google it later.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2020, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Depends on the circumstances but hey, we all mess up sometimes even if unthinkingly, so a little forgiveness goes a long way to heal both parties otherwise it will become just a festering sore that becomes impossible to heal ..

Thats why they put rubbers on the ends of pencils, we all make mistakes.

If we could all forgive perhaps the world be a better place.

Sadly I believe to many people say sorry to get off lightly, and do/can you genuinely forgive someone that has done something really bad... I mean feel no nastiness inside.

Yes I'm sure most can genuinely forgive small altercations, and move on
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-07-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Fascinating. Can't comment due to ignorance. Might google it later.
LOL!

I SINCERELY doubt if you'll find much unless you delve into sites such as The Urban Dictionary!

In essence it says When the bone is in the (male chicken) the brain is in the **** ****!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top