Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 05:54 PM

How do you take being told off?

As an adult, do you just accept it and move on or do you take umbrage?

We got told off today for contravening the floor arrows even though there was no one there (infact, I was avoiding a long queue of people) The result is that I will never go back there but I guess others would just accept it.

What's funny is that if I had followed the arrows to the letter, it would have been impossible to leave the shop.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:02 PM

Re: How do you take being told off?

I got told off the other day for doing the same,my repost was to a young girl,if you're lucky you'll get old and confused one day,took the wind out her sails.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:03 PM

I accept it.....I had a similar incident with a young shop assistant....telling me how to stand on the arrows and place my trolly in a certain position.

I ignored her and did it my way,
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:07 PM

To be honest it would depend on the tone of voice and their attitude. If they were nice about it then I'd just do it, if they were nasty........Well now..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
As an adult, do you just accept it and move on or do you take umbrage?

We got told off today for contravening the floor arrows even though there was no one there (infact, I was avoiding a long queue of people) The result is that I will never go back there but I guess others would just accept it.

What's funny is that if I had followed the arrows to the letter, it would have been impossible to leave the shop.

I also had an incident on the bus once....as soon as the bus stopped at my stop,I went to board it straight away...

For heavens sake the bus driver said,can’t you wait for the passengers to get off.....oops....I said sorry.

But ,me being a child at times....when I got off the bus....I never said..”thank you “....

He showed me up in front of everyone....he dented my ego...which I shouldn’t have by the way...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-07-2020, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
To be honest it would depend on the tone of voice and their attitude. If they were nice about it then I'd just do it, if they were nasty........Well now..

I’m exactly the same as you,Rox..depends on their tone.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:12 PM

Since I never make a mistake, I never get told off
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

29-07-2020, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Since I never make a mistake, I never get told off

monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

29-07-2020, 06:20 PM

If I am in the wrong and they put me right politely I have no problem with that at all. Like the time in the supermarket when I hadn't positioned my trolley properly, and was too close to the person in front of me. I was most apologetic.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 06:20 PM

I follow the rules so I don't get told off..I'm the one who does the telling off...One advantage of being an old fart

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top