Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:13 PM

Re: How do you take being told off?

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Funnily enough most folk tell me that!
I can do smut too, but didn't get yours.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
a monkey down Soho? I can get it for a pony indoors, a bottle of half decent champers ...

What may I ask, do you get if you do not provide champers?

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Me? It's like ducks water off my back!

If being snarled at I resort to Russian.

Especially if it's by one of the BLM shower.

Is that why you look like the Mad Monk 'Rasputin'

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
We have all cast stones, question is, who was first to cast.
The guy in the greenhouse?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 04:11 AM

I am such a goody goody I am mortified if I am told off for actually making a mistake. I'd be a bit shocked probably and not say anything. A bit like when I realised that my dipped headlights that are on all the time were not bright enough to drive at night. This was after a policeman tapped my car window in a traffic jam....awkward!

But if I am told off for something that I know is not my fault I will say so (although maybe not to a policeman!). So if they put signs where people can't read them I will tell them that they might want to make it clearer. I've even intervened when I've noticed someone blame another for something that isn't their fault. Normal people are ok about it if you explain. Really depends on how you talk to them. Except for the guy who tried to blame my dog for another dog's poo, I couldn't convince him but then he was a twit.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 06:27 AM

I only tolerate Holier than thou persons if they ain't jobsworths, and ain't just quoting chapter and verse. If they have suffered a bit to arrive their high moral stance, and can think a bit outside the box, I might take notice and give the person credence and acknowledge the reprimand.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 06:50 AM

I usually blame any breaking of rules on age....oh heck did I do that wrong so sorry.....its me age
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 09:42 AM

Any Bloke, who has been married a length of time, will have developed the ability to put on a look, which suggests that he is aware of his transgressions, whilst, secretly, thinking "I wonder what the football scores are", etc!

"What time's tea? is not a good answer!

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Is that why you look like the Mad Monk 'Rasputin'

Actually other than the beard my wife says I'm a dead ringer for him. Anyway he wasn't mad - he just got bad press!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
What may I ask, do you get if you do not provide champers?

Not a lot.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top