Join for free
Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 12:10 PM

Re: smart metres

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Sorry about the lack of details. It's probably them being both pushy and incompetent I feel as everything was OK during the first year, then they started doing the estimated readings I mentioned. From then on there have been problems almost every month since.

I will not be leaving it there though, it will be pursued to find out just what is going on!
Quite right. There is no need for any estimates if you're giving regular readings. Either they're playing silly buggers or there's something wrong with their system. Either way, they need to correct the situation.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
The one down side that I have found is pricing of tariffs, I have refused to have a meter fitted but have found that the cheaper energy tariff are only available to those with a meter or agree to have a meter fitted.
Reluctantly I am having a meter fitted at the end of the month.
It’s pricing blackmail
I have recently 'seen the light' and transferred my supply from British Gas to a smaller company, So Energy.

I have found that most suppliers, including the cheaper ones, do not require a smart meter.
I think we've seen the last of the 'smart meter blackmailing'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Quite right. There is no need for any estimates if you're giving regular readings. Either they're playing silly buggers or there's something wrong with their system. Either way, they need to correct the situation.
True.

When I transferred to British Gas, not long ago, I supplied my meter readings when requested, only to find they had used their own 'estimates'.

This led my by querying their action and not receiving a quick response, so I used the 'cooling off period' to reverse my change of supplier.

This also was ignored, so I initiated a formal complaint making use of the very helpful Resolver service (google it!).

Over the past few weeks, I have been in regular communication with British Gas (via this service) regarding my complaint and demanding an explanation for their poor service.

They have now agreed that I may cancel their contract, and agreed that I shall not be charged the £60 early exit fee on the grounds that the problem arose through their own shortcomings.

Obviously, I shall not use British Gas again for obvious reasons: they offered a competitive rate, but their customer service stinks!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
True.

When I transferred to British Gas, not long ago, I supplied my meter readings when requested, only to find they had used their own 'estimates'.

This led my by querying their action and not receiving a quick response, so I used the 'cooling off period' to reverse my change of supplier.

This also was ignored, so I initiated a formal complaint making use of the very helpful Resolver service (google it!).

Over the past few weeks, I have been in regular communication with British Gas (via this service) regarding my complaint and demanding an explanation for their poor service.

They have now agreed that I may cancel their contract, and agreed that I shall not be charged the £60 early exit fee on the grounds that the problem arose through their own shortcomings.

Obviously, I shall not use British Gas again for obvious reasons: they offered a competitive rate, but their customer service stinks!
Fair enough.

Problems will always arise when dealing with large customer bases. My view is that their response to dealing with these gives a good idea of what the company is like. In the case of prolonged delays, they are either apathetic or do not hire enough staff to deal with them (which also indicates a degree of apathy), or have too many systemic issues which has led with too many complaints/problems to deal with efficiently.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 01:26 PM

The one down side that I have found is pricing of tariffs, I have refused to have a meter fitted but have found that the cheaper energy tariff are only available to those with a meter or agree to have a meter fitted.
Reluctantly I am having a meter fitted at the end of the month.
It’s pricing blackmail

That is exactly what I suggested they would do back in my post 15 Vlad. Yes, I agree, it is pricing blackmail.
Buggers, aint they.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2020, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Fair enough.

Problems will always arise when dealing with large customer bases. My view is that their response to dealing with these gives a good idea of what the company is like. In the case of prolonged delays, they are either apathetic or do not hire enough staff to deal with them (which also indicates a degree of apathy), or have too many systemic issues which has led with too many complaints/problems to deal with efficiently.
Or they just blame the Coronavirus. How convenient!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is exactly what I suggested they would do back in my post 15 Vlad. Yes, I agree, it is pricing blackmail.
Buggers, aint they.
Have a look at Cheap Energy Club. Free membership and they present you with all the options, listing which are the cheapest and also customer satisfaction ratings.

You'll find that most of the offers do not require a smart meter.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Have a look at Cheap Energy Club. Free membership and they present you with all the options, listing which are the cheapest and also customer satisfaction ratings.

You'll find that most of the offers do not require a smart meter.

JBR, is that the Martin Lewis one?

I have his email news letters come, and think that is the one on his website, but I confess I have never looked into it properly.
Perhaps I had better have a read.
Thankyou.

Aha. Found it.

https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

Is this the one you meant?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Buggers, aint they.
A twist in the tale, EON my supplier informed me that my new ‘Smart Meter Would be fitted on the 28 Aug..they arrived an hour ago and are now fitting it
Confusion all around
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-07-2020, 02:45 PM

A twist in the tale, EON my supplier informed me that my new ‘Smart Meter Would be fitted on the 28 Aug..they arrived an hour ago and are now fitting it
Confusion all around

Oh 'eck.
Doesn't sound like any of 'em know what they're doing from one day to the next.

Good luck with it hun.

Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top