Join for free
Page 5 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:49 PM

Re: smart metres

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh 'eck.
Doesn't sound like any of 'em know what they're doing from one day to the next.

Good luck with it hun.
Mine got up and running in about an hour.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
A twist in the tale, EON my supplier informed me that my new ‘Smart Meter Would be fitted on the 28 Aug..they arrived an hour ago and are now fitting it
Confusion all around
But surely this is a way to put suppliers off indefinitely...tell them you are not admitting anyone into your house for the foreseeable future.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:52 PM

One thing that concerened me about these meters was that I read criminals can tell if people are at home or not by looking at the meter?

Anyone heard about this?

The link below also talks about other things to consider too:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...rt-meters.html
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I bumped into Realist a week or so ago on a different forum. He seemed a bit busy putting forward his views on vaccines, so probably won't get round to returning here for a bit.
Yes, I would imagine that Covid is keeping him busy at the moment what with all the TV virtual interviews.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:09 PM

JBR, is that the Martin Lewis one?

I have his email news letters come, and think that is the one on his website, but I confess I have never looked into it properly.
Perhaps I had better have a read.
Thankyou.

Aha. Found it.

https://clubs.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

Is this the one you meant?
Yes, that's the one. I've been using it for some years now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
A twist in the tale, EON my supplier informed me that my new ‘Smart Meter Would be fitted on the 28 Aug..they arrived an hour ago and are now fitting it
Confusion all around
Your choice of course, but what do you see as the advantage of having a smart meter?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-07-2020, 03:13 PM

One thing that concerened me about these meters was that I read criminals can tell if people are at home or not by looking at the meter?

Anyone heard about this?

The link below also talks about other things to consider too:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...rt-meters.html

Of course, if some people want them, that's their right.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Of course, if some people want them, that's their right.

Yes, everyone can make up their own mind I agree.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 04:13 PM

Smart metres in my opinion are ok they help you trim your electricity usage and mine also tells me if my solar panels are working properly.

Has soon as I see a rise in usage on the metre and the weather is good I know there may well be a possibility that a bird or bad weather may have loosened a connector.

On the phone and fixed within a day or so, giving me more rebate of Scottish power on the quarter.

The only metres I hate are the water one's.
They penalise the common folk and allow the rich to get away with thousands of pounds.
What with their big old houses that do not have a metre they have swimming pools and fish ponds that they fill,wash their big flash motors or James the driver does either way, these are the metres that should be taken out.
Or installed in every house in the country.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
– Snip –

The final insult, an earlier e-mail I hadn't picked up – my monthly statement showing I am £50.00 in credit!

– Snip –
Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Ah. Didn't know it was a 2 year contract. Either they're being deliberately pushy, or seem to have certain gaps in competence.
Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Sorry about the lack of details. It's probably them being both pushy and incompetent I feel as everything was OK during the first year, then they started doing the estimated readings I mentioned. From then on there have been problems almost every month since.

I will not be leaving it there though, it will be pursued to find out just what is going on!
Well, an update – I did take this up with OVO Energy, the electricity supplier this afternoon.

They were informed in no uncertain terms of my annoyance with the way they were treating me, considering I always submitted my meter readings on time and was never in debit until they wrongly used their estimated meter readings.

The reason given was that they were in the process of setting up a new online system and that the old one was not compatible in all respects with the old one! That was the reason why I was put into debit when I was actually in credit and also why estimated readings were used rather than those I submitted.

All the profuse apologies you can think of were made and a further complaint was to be raised with their 'complaints team'. They said they fully understood that it was wrong how I was treated, they also realised how bad this must have been for me to have said that if things don't improve then at contract end I would be looking to take my custom elsewhere.

What will come of this in the end I have no idea, time will tell I guess. There is very little else I can do now other than see what happens. At least they now know of my complete dissatisfaction so far this year, when last year I had no complaints whatsoever.

Page 5 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top