Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:22 PM

Re: Argos.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Greenshield stamps..? Oh God yes......Fold up chairs, vehicle ramps, and a trolley jack.........But I might be mixing some things up with Number 6 fag coupons......
Ah, yes...being able to buy them from machines on the streets and the tube, before they were re-purposed for boxes of poppets and ironically, candy cigarettes.

Anyway, back to topic....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:27 PM

Probably a wise move to get rid of Argos catalogues tbh. Mind you, IKEA ones are probably more wasteful and useless in terms of purpose. And are those huge great Kay Catalogues still going?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:48 PM

Authorised main UK dealer

Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f2.8E ED VR Lens £1699.00

Argos price

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Lens = £1929.99

So who is ripping who off ? Argos is of course ripping us off , and that is just one item I noticed looking around

At this rate of overcharging they will soon loose customers
One shop I will avoid
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 09:50 PM

Don't forget S&H Pink Stamps!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Oh happy days, ripping up the strips to fill a page and then licking the gum side of them (the idea of using a wet sponge never even crossed our minds).
I think my dad had a special stamp sponge thingymebob. It was a small orange sponge and water was somehow put somewhere. The green shield thing must have been all the rage in the 60s. Like a little ration book.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Probably a wise move to get rid of Argos catalogues tbh. Mind you, IKEA ones are probably more wasteful and useless in terms of purpose. And are those huge great Kay Catalogues still going?
I used to love the argos and Ikea catalogues. There was also next directory. They had Naomi Campbell and I think Helena Christensen modelling. No wonder their clothes sold well. In those days they were pricey. Then the Avon catalogue was another favourite. When we were teens my BFFs sister was an Avon lady and we would spend hours testing all the samples which were kept in a big wonderful box in their dining room. Many a happy hour listening to her 12 inch george michael or fiction factory singles and spraying white musk everywhere...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 07:58 AM

There will be no shops left on the high street soon....can you imagine no shops to browse around....we will all just sit in our houses goggle eyed looking at screens.

Looking on the bright side at least not printing all those catalogues will save a few trees
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
There will be no shops left on the high street soon....can you imagine no shops to browse around....we will all just sit in our houses goggle eyed looking at screens.

Looking on the bright side at least not printing all those catalogues will save a few trees
The high street was doomed anyway, too much greed with sky high business rates!

Sitting there 'looking at screens' – isn't that what the younger generation (future customers) do all the time anyway?

A working life in the printing industry means I know all about the high number of people in that trade put out of work due to the change to 'modern' online methods.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->

I think you'll find that Computers, Smartphones, and Tablets etc use a lot more of the earth's resources than some trees Summer.....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think my dad had a special stamp sponge thingymebob. It was a small orange sponge and water was somehow put somewhere. The green shield thing must have been all the rage in the 60s. Like a little ration book.
The original Spongebob?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top