Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 12:29 AM

Re: Naughty Step?

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I don"t think they are cruel steps by any means ,if children are not shown the proper way to go on by their parents ,who else will ?
After all the teachers have enough on their plate as it is . I have heard stories were the children haven"t been potty trained by the idle mums , bythe time they get to school ,it seems incredible but I can imagine in some areas it might be possible ,who knows ?
I've heard of that too. Some people aren't fit to be parents mainly because they had their kids too young, and they weren't shown how to raise children by their parents thus the cycle repeats itself.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 02:21 AM

No! My 225 lb. muscle bound father just used to beat the $hit out of me.
One day he fractured my tailbone and bone his hand in three places.
It makes ‘time out’ seem like a treat.
My parents were cruel £¥€%’ers.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 08:37 AM

OMg they were Bratti.
My parents did smack us but not much we were fairly good children.
I did smack my children at times but they all turned out very well but still I wish I hadn’t and would do things differently today .
Although how people make children stay on the naughty step I don’t know .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 08:59 AM

Mother was a control freak. She had a 'punishment book' into which anything we did wrong during the day was duly entered. Later, when we were bathed and in our night clothes ready for bed, she would produce the book and a cane - our 'crimes' would be read out and we were given one stroke of the cane on our hands for each crime committed.

One night, when the parents were out somewhere, the brother and I stole both book and cane, went down to the kitchen and burned them in the old range. Although we were in big trouble for doing it - they were not replaced.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:19 PM

We will never Know which is worst, to be called a name, or be slapped.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by judd ->
i've heard of that too. Some people aren't fit to be parents mainly because they had their kids too young, and they weren't shown how to raise children by their parents thus the cycle repeats itself.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 09:47 AM

At primary school any child who was naughty was made to stand in the corner with their face to the wall, or some got a slap on their leg. Hardly any children made the mistake twice because the other kids would make it clear that nobody wants to play with a "naughty child"
I don't agree with using straps or canes to punish a child!

If you use the naughty step method, what happens if they won't stay on the step? I tend to think that constantly having to raise your voice & maybe use threats, to make them stay there, is psychologically more harmful than a slap..... but some parents are unable to control their own temper so their slaps border on being abuse!
I am proud to say that I was never punished at school & my parents always knew that keeping me in, when other kids were going out, was the best way to punish me!

I never brought up children but I usually find that those, I have looked after, respond well to having their mistakes explained & the consequences of the problems they cause. If that doesn't work, their parents always know that a smack will be the next option... but I can't remember doing that for years!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:00 PM

I had a naughty step when the kids were little... they used to fight on who got to sit on it
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2020, 04:08 PM

I never once slapped my children - one look from me was enough for them to understand they had done wrong. It was my ex that did the slapping, usually when I was out at work or off fishing.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 09:27 PM

'Time out' I called it. Very short lived it was too.

Miss Madam's was in the hall by the front door on the mat for 5 mins.

Once done. Twice done. The third time she gave me a look and went there on her own before I could send her.

That was the end of that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top