Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 08:12 PM

Re: Jealousy

What gets me is those that are too lazy to make an effort yet jealous of those who worked damn hard for what they have
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good grief Susan, I just looked that up and she was 75 in July!
Frightening how time flies, isn't it.
75 , she doesn't look it . I used to watch her and wish I had her voice and looks and yes I was envious . A beauty for sure
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:18 PM

Who, can't be bothered to read back.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2020, 10:20 PM

Just read back coz I have to, yep its bonkers all right.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 12:04 AM

Yes I get jealous of people from close loving families
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 06:46 AM

I'm not jealous of anyone who does well in life I'm pleased for them especially if they came from nothing . There are so many forms of jealousy though not just about wealth and it can be destructive.

Bratty I wouldnt call that jealousy....more wistful of something you decided not to pursue I think we all have that about things we didn't do or achieve in some shape or form.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Wishful? Something I didn’t pursue?
I’ve never tried so hard at anything in my life more than trying to get my family to love and accept me. Unfortunately they were far too selfish and sadistic to care. I became a useful scapegoat for their insanity who in the end got pursued and used to their advantage.
I’m jealous of those who had normal upbringing from normal families who shared love not hatred. Sorry for the doom & gloom. I’m really trying to change my perspective and how I feel about it but can’t just yet
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Wishful? Something I didn’t pursue?
I’ve never tried so hard at anything in my life more than trying to get my family to love and accept me. Unfortunately they were far too selfish and sadistic to care. I became a useful scapegoat for their insanity who in the end got pursued and used to their advantage.
I’m jealous of those who had normal upbringing from normal families who shared love not hatred. Sorry for the doom & gloom. I’m really trying to change my perspective and how I feel about it but can’t just yet
Ah ....another misunderstanding. I remember you once saying you made a decision not to have children....i thought you were doubting that decision and like many of us were thinking what if I had made a different decision about many things in life. I see what you mean now and understand. I had a difficult childhood too Bratti we all deal with things differently im not jealous of other folks for their happiness but I will admit to wishing I had had more of it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

19-10-2020, 10:06 AM

No worries summer. I have no regrets about not having children at all. There’s some genetic disorders I wouldn’t wish on anyone, let alone my own children.
Many people thought it selfish of me not to have children but I feel its the opposite. It’s being compassionate and considerate in my eyes.

There are many people who had difficult childhoods. This I’m very much aware of. At the moment I’m in the process of licking some fresh wounds so am feeling sorry for myself. It gets old even for me but I am currently in counselling for it.

On the bright side, I have a wonderful caring husband whom I love more than anything along with two adorable dogs who all make my life very worthwhile so
I’ve got plenty to be grateful for.

I’m not normally a jealous person. Maybe jealousy is the wrong emotion?
You’ve certainly made me rethink this so thank you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good grief Susan, I just looked that up and she was 75 in July!
Frightening how time flies, isn't it.
What? Am I in with a chance? What's her phone number? I'll be her toy boy.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top