Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 07:04 PM

Re: Jealousy

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Jealousy is not the same as envy. There is no emotion involved in envy. As for people who are excessively greedy how is that possibly evil?

Or what is wrong with doing what it takes to get what you want and not giving a damn about others or how they feel?

As for feeling better than others or more deserving - that has nothing to do with it. It's just about getting what a person wants.

Probably best described as living in a dog-eat-dog world. I recognised that seventy years ago and it's stood me and my family in VERY good stead.
You’re right. My entire life I have always considered them synonymous.

Why do I think envious people who don’t have any empathy with others is evil?

If people have no feelings or consideration for others while pursuing their wants and desires, then they won’t care who they railroad to get it or who gets hurt in the process. There are many examples of such individuals and they are in all walks of life.

There are people who put money above anything else in life. Basically they worship money instead of love. They don’t care about you. If there’s a chance that they can use you to get ahead in any way, they will, especially if they will financially gain.

They are ruthless and that’s being polite.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 07:06 PM

Jealousy and Love go hand in hand. Shakespeare did it well. It was a little frowned upon in Jane Austen. Then soon became regarded as bad news, an illness almost.

I don't know about 2020, perhaps it's back in with the wokes.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
You’re right. My entire life I have always considered them synonymous.

Why do I think envious people who don’t have any empathy with others is evil?

If people have no feelings or consideration for others while pursuing their wants and desires, then they won’t care who they railroad to get it or who gets hurt in the process. There are many examples of such individuals and they are in all walks of life.

There are people who put money above anything else in life. Basically they worship money instead of love. They don’t care about you. If there’s a chance that they can use you to get ahead in any way, they will, especially if they will financially gain.

They are ruthless and that’s being polite.
Not worship money, at least not in my case, but focus on a thing you want and concentrate on getting it. Have I been ruthless? Too bloody right I have. Do I regret it? Absolutely no way. It's a dog eat dog world.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Not worship money, at least not in my case, but focus on a thing you want and concentrate on getting it. Have I been ruthless? Too bloody right I have. Do I regret it? Absolutely no way. It's a dog eat dog world.
Yep! You remind me of my family.
Greedy, selfish, ruthless with no empathy for others.
It’s only a dog eat dog world if you make it so which you clearly do but to each their own. It’s your life, your choice.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Good point, RS, we can't do much about others achieving if they got help through Nepotism, physical good looks, or money in the will, but, I think, it does help to look carefully at some of those who "make it on their own" and learn what can be learned from them.

I think progress is often about playing a game.

To get on we need to understand that game.

That is why I quit, I was there to work and solve problems, not to play games.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:01 PM

Their games have now probably run their course, and, maybe they are back at the start.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

19-10-2020, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Envy is pretty straightforward.

Jealousy, by comparison, is an extremely emotional and baseless (?) state of mind. Sounds dramatic and it can be, but in the Latin world jealously is regarded perfectly natural and good.

EDIT to add question mark after baseless.
Well I’m extremely emotional. I suppose I’ve had my moments of jealousy however I rarely if ever get jealous of people’s possessions. They are just materialistic objects that come and go. When I’m grateful and content I barely even notice others. I’m working my way there
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yep! You remind me of my family.
Greedy, selfish, ruthless with no empathy for others.
It’s only a dog eat dog world if you make it so which you clearly do but to each their own. It’s your life, your choice.
And it's served me and my immediate family exceedingly well.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ah ....another misunderstanding. I remember you once saying you made a decision not to have children....i thought you were doubting that decision and like many of us were thinking what if I had made a different decision about many things in life. I see what you mean now and understand. I had a difficult childhood too Bratti we all deal with things differently im not jealous of other folks for their happiness but I will admit to wishing I had had more of it.
Awww Summer, you are a beautiful, lovely lady who deserves nothing but happiness. Hopefully we'll spread a little happiness to each other on our get together (big hugs)

Bratti, I'm sorry for your sadness of how your family have been in your life (big hugs for you too) xxxx
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

19-10-2020, 10:12 PM

Thanks Lion Queen. Sorry for being such a downer.
I’m working on a more positive attitude .
Thank you summer also. I hope you two have a wonderful time.
That’s really cool that you two will meet.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top