Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:23 PM

Re: Jealousy

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Thanks Lion Queen. Sorry for being such a downer.
I’m working on a more positive attitude .
Thank you summer also. I hope you two have a wonderful time.
That’s really cool that you two will meet.
Cheer up, Bratti. I have just sent the pigeon with the cake in a box on its back, over to you!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
What a beauty she was and still is , now I could be envious of her good looks . Shes still very sexy too . I'm guessing shes 65 now ?
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Good grief Susan, I just looked that up and she was 75 in July!
Frightening how time flies, isn't it.

She was about 35 when I was a teenager but I cared not.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Cheer up, Bratti. I have just sent the pigeon with the cake in a box on its back, over to you!
Art, that was no pigeon, that was one of your hens
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What? Am I in with a chance? What's her phone number? I'll be her toy boy.
It's in the phonebooth, it's the one across the hall...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-10-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
when i was very young i was a jealous person emotionally where my husband was concerned. I hated it if any woman would flirt with my man and i know it all stemmed from when i was deeply hurt by a boy i really liked, thought i loved him at the time. He cheated on me and i was devastated and that episode left it's mark and my poor husband had to put up with some jealousy in the early days.

I realised i had absolutely nothing to worry about and it was all in my own head, i didn't like being like that and eventually relaxed in my jealous thinking, it wasn't easy though. Sometimes other peoples action can leave you emotionally damaged.

As for people with more money or bigger houses etc, i have no jealousy whatsoever. I don't have a big house, just one big enough for the two of us. I'm very happy with my own lot and if someone feels the need to brag you kinda have to feel sorry for them, the bragging is doing nothing but making people raise their eyes to the ceiling lol.

I'm not materialistic as in big houses etc. I think some might want bigger houses, but why, its just more to clean.

Come to think of it, i do have a large garden, are you jealous? Hehe
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Art, that was no pigeon, that was one of your hens
Trying to keep on topic. You’re just jealous... Mutley!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-10-2020, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
There is something wrong if someone needs to brag about where they live and what they own..... insecurity or is it to try to make others jealous? I don't think many would be jealous of something like that, more likely they are thinking... so what!

I can't say I have ever been jealous of anyone or anything ... I might use the word jokingly but not to be taken seriously.

I would think it is used more in relationships.

I agree Mags. I have a family member who I don't see that often but when I do he tells me the same old story about how he started off in a shoebox on 2p a week (blah, blah, blah) and always ends on the huge house he owns and their several expensive cars. Tbh, I couldn't give a stuff, I would rather talk about the weather. It just means that i avoid him at family gatherings because he is such a bore.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:40 PM

Folks just have to downsize, and recognise when it is Bungalow time.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-10-2020, 10:55 PM

I think sometimes people are just proud of what they have got and what they’ve achieved.
How many people brag about how well their children have done and how adorable their grandchildren are?
They aren’t really bragging, they are just being proud....aren’t they?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-10-2020, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think sometimes people are just proud of what they have got and what they’ve achieved.
How many people brag about how well their children have done and how adorable their grandchildren are?
They aren’t really bragging, they are just being proud....aren’t they?

I don't know Art but even that can go too far.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top