Join for free
Page 16 of 21 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 09:51 PM

Re: Is Boris the One Blinking First?

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Only if the we ditch the broken and outdated system that does not accurately represent the views of voters.

Voting is irrelevant because the established two always win.
If only the british had known what they wanted! To think you could have farage as pm for almost a year now. What a different situation you would be in now. Missed opportunity, never to come again.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I fear his only legacy will be the farage garage.
Puerile, it is only a joke.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 10:10 PM

You clearly cannot see what is about to happen.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
You clearly cannot see what is about to happen.
Well, I hope barnier need not negotiate anymore and the UK leaves transition without any deal. The best possible outcome.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Farage will be the next prime minister
Farage OUGHT to be the next PM - for the ultimate good of the country.

However, that depends upon one thing: the electorate.
Unfortunately, the British people have for a long time been used to choosing between Blue and Red. It has been over a hundred years since a new party entered politics and managed to form a government.

Sadly, it seems that modern Brits lack the will and bravery to make the effort to try something new, which is why we continue to swing backwards and forwards between Left and Right, achieving nothing in the long run.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Farage OUGHT to be the next PM - for the ultimate good of the country.

However, that depends upon one thing: the electorate.
Unfortunately, the British people have for a long time been used to choosing between Blue and Red. It has been over a hundred years since a new party entered politics and managed to form a government.

Sadly, it seems that modern Brits lack the will and bravery to make the effort to try something new, which is why we continue to swing backwards and forwards between Left and Right, achieving nothing in the long run.
If it wasn't for Farage pulling his candidates out in the 2019 election, the Tories wouldn't have got their massive majority. A fair chunk of those votes were the Labour red wall Brexit vote because of the betrayal by labour (Starmer was the Shadow Brexit Secretary remember) pushing for a second referendum, voting against a better deal they would supposedly get (via Thornberry) and overturning the democratic result of 2016.

If the Tories fudged Brexit, all those votes would go to the Brexit party and neither labour (traitor Starmer is the new labour leader remember) and the Conservatives would ever be voted into power again. That only leaves one true party that would 100% deliver Brexit - Farage and his Brexit Party.

Even back in 2017, it wasn't Corbyn that nearly got elected, it was Farage spitting the Tory vote that cost May dearly - and thank god he did otherwise May would have had a massive majority an due would be living under the Chequers Agreement as a vassal state under Brussels rule.

Boris knows very well, if he even blinks on Brexit, Farage and his MEPs are standing ready to launch campaigns in every seat in the UK.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 06:41 PM

Here is the latest position:

Talks will recommence at a fast pace starting tomorrow, Thursday 22nd October.
I've looked for a full transcript of what has been said by our government - and the only one I could find was @ order-order.com
Since as usual there is so much bias everywhere about current affairs it's helpful to have that statement in full, and I note the wording as follows:
"As both sides have made clear, it takes two to reach an agreement. It is entirely possible that negotiations will not succeed. If so, the UK will end the transition period on Australia terms and will prosper in doing so"

A link to the transcript is below, together with the mutually-agreed "Organising Principles" which includes a timeline* courtesy of Reuters.
Now let's hope that Boris sticks to his guns and that no agreement is made unless the EU do indeed significantly
alter their stance rather than use "weasle words" in more attempts to keep the UK ties to their apron strings.
* Timeline: First round 22 - 25 October in London; second round TBA basically.

Personally I feel that so far Barnier is using "weasle words" - there are hints but there is no definite unequivocable change.
I'm hoping that this is an attempt to further prove that Boris really is trying before the plug is pulled - unless Barnier & co move, of course.
Kind of "Look we asked and Barbier promised, but nothing changed so no deal".
There isn't long left so it won't be long before we see.

https://order-order.com/2020/10/21/b...es-compromise/

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN2762KR?il=0
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Here is the latest position:

Talks will recommence at a fast pace starting tomorrow, Thursday 22nd October.
I've looked for a full transcript of what has been said by our government - and the only one I could find was @ order-order.com
Since as usual there is so much bias everywhere about current affairs it's helpful to have that statement in full, and I note the wording as follows:
"As both sides have made clear, it takes two to reach an agreement. It is entirely possible that negotiations will not succeed. If so, the UK will end the transition period on Australia terms and will prosper in doing so"

A link to the transcript is below, together with the mutually-agreed "Organising Principles" which includes a timeline* courtesy of Reuters.
Now let's hope that Boris sticks to his guns and that no agreement is made unless the EU do indeed significantly
alter their stance rather than use "weasle words" in more attempts to keep the UK ties to their apron strings.
* Timeline: First round 22 - 25 October in London; second round TBA basically.

Personally I feel that so far Barnier is using "weasle words" - there are hints but there is no definite unequivocable change.
I'm hoping that this is an attempt to further prove that Boris really is trying before the plug is pulled - unless Barnier & co move, of course.
Kind of "Look we asked and Barbier promised, but nothing changed so no deal".
There isn't long left so it won't be long before we see.

https://order-order.com/2020/10/21/b...es-compromise/

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...KBN2762KR?il=0
I do hope that Boris really is just pretending to talk about this because we are obliged to discuss the matter until 31st December.

He has advised our businesses to prepare for WTO trading, and hopefully that is what they are doing. Consequently, I hope that whatever the EU negotiators (whoever they may be next week/month) come up with, they are told that it is not enough and that we are leaving. No more money after 31st December, and if they want to talk about a trade deal nothing can be arranged until after that date as it would then be a deal with a truly independent state.

Their trade deal with Canada, for example, I am sure includes no access to Canada's fishing areas and absolutely no say in how Canada works with its businesses.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I do hope that Boris really is just pretending to talk about this because we are obliged to discuss the matter until 31st December.

He has advised our businesses to prepare for WTO trading, and hopefully that is what they are doing. Consequently, I hope that whatever the EU negotiators (whoever they may be next week/month) come up with, they are told that it is not enough and that we are leaving. No more money after 31st December, and if they want to talk about a trade deal nothing can be arranged until after that date as it would then be a deal with a truly independent state.

Their trade deal with Canada, for example, I am sure includes no access to Canada's fishing areas and absolutely no say in how Canada works with its businesses.
Just seen an article from the financial times, wich states that german
car makers and manufacturers have petitioned Barmier to ease up
on his stance in the negotiations due to the danger of uk walking
away without a deal? Which they say could affect their businesses
badly due to world trading conditions being bad at the moment!
They also put forward their ideas how to deal with the country of
origin obstacles to to uk exporting to eu after december!
Will Barmier listen to them?
Do we want him to ???
I was looking forward to a no deal !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

21-10-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Just seen an article from the financial times, wich states that german
car makers and manufacturers have petitioned Barmier to ease up
on his stance in the negotiations due to the danger of uk walking
away without a deal? Which they say could affect their businesses
badly due to world trading conditions being bad at the moment!
They also put forward their ideas how to deal with the country of
origin obstacles to to uk exporting to eu after december!
Will Barmier listen to them?
Do we want him to ???
I was looking forward to a no deal !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

They are out of time, just won't admit it. Boris only has to let the clock tick down.

https://daystobrexit.co.uk

Page 16 of 21 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top