Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 09:50 AM

Re: Flu vaccinations are early this year.

I had a letter from the GP surgery inviting me to come for a 'flu jab on 28th Sept - being as the letter didn't arrive until 5th Oct - it's a good job I didn't want one!!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2020, 09:53 AM

My wife went to the surgery yesterday to ask why she's not been informed about the jab by phone. They said no jabs were available till the end of this month, and they were not taking bookings. Boots & LLoyds pharmacies are doing an e-mail waiting list for the flu jabs. I'm not having it myself, as 3 years ago, after having it, I felt desperate.Not had it since. The stories from some folks are worrying.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 04:38 PM

Well, I have to admit that my self inflicted Flu symptoms and planned stint on the sofa with grapes being fed to me didn't materialise.

Apart from feeling a little more tired than usual last night and a slight ache in my arm (the opposite arm to the injection) nothing happened. In fact, I felt better than any previous time I had it.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
My wife went to the surgery yesterday to ask why she's not been informed about the jab by phone. They said no jabs were available till the end of this month, and they were not taking bookings. Boots & LLoyds pharmacies are doing an e-mail waiting list for the flu jabs. I'm not having it myself, as 3 years ago, after having it, I felt desperate.Not had it since. The stories from some folks are worrying.
Read about future deliveries here:-
https://mailchi.mp/psnc/psnc-daily-u...r?e=3f9a280e27
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2020, 11:16 PM

I spoke to my doctor (on the phone) today.
He again offered me the vaccination and I said I was concerned because whatever they have added this year, seems to be making more people poorly.
He said Yes, but it's still better than having the Flu!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 09:05 AM

I had my flu jab on 26th Sept & had a tender red patch, the size of my palm, for 5 days..... but it disappeared by 1st Oct.
I appreciate that some people have unpleasant reactions to them, but they seem to panic, thanks to all the anti flu jab rubbish they can read on the internet.

We have a personal choice about having the flu jab, so if you don't want one, don't have one. I have had one every year, with no real problems & it certainly won't give you flu.
Mups's doctor is right, flu will be much worse than any reaction to the jab!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I spoke to my doctor (on the phone) today.
He again offered me the vaccination and I said I was concerned because whatever they have added this year, seems to be making more people poorly.
He said Yes, but it's still better than having the Flu!
Morning Mups.....

If I hold my hand over a lighted candle, it won't be as bad as if I stuff it into a fire....So I avoid hot things altogether!

I've never had the flu jab and never caught the flu, so my theory must be working...
And now I wear my mask, I'm pretty much indestructible....
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Mups.....

If I hold my hand over a lighted candle, it won't be as bad as if I stuff it into a fire....So I avoid hot things altogether!

I've never had the flu jab and never caught the flu, so my theory must be working...
And now I wear my mask, I'm pretty much indestructible....
That’s the kiss of death then..you will have flu next week, followed by dandruff and an ingrowing toenail
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
That’s the kiss of death then..you will have flu next week, followed by dandruff and an ingrowing toenail
I don't think that I'll catch the flu Vlad, not with my magic mask to protect me..(The lone ranger never caught flu)
But two out of three isn't bad...

Where did I put the brush for my keyboard?
Ah! I found it next to the scissors...
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2020, 10:43 AM

I will be 83 in six weeks time and had my very first flu jab this morning about an hour ago. No reaction so far.

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top