Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 04:09 PM

Only Connect

My favourite brain addling quiz show has finally returned to BBC 2. Started last night at 8pm. It's wonderful. It plays havoc with your brain cells and really screws with your mind.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 04:38 PM

Re: Only Connect

I love that programme PV. Before C19 - Monday nights would find me at friends house - we would open a bottle of red wine, break out the crisps, and watch Mastermind, Only Connect, and University Challenge! You are right though - it banjaxes the brain cells!
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 07:08 PM

I love this program,especially the connecting wall.Some times I can even solve one line.They all dread the music connection round.Liked one of the contestant's t.shirt with the heiroglyphics.(?sp)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I love that programme PV. Before C19 - Monday nights would find me at friends house - we would open a bottle of red wine, break out the crisps, and watch Mastermind, Only Connect, and University Challenge! You are right though - it banjaxes the brain cells!
We love Monday nights too. We actually got four right on Only Connect (I think that might be a record) and we beat the Royal Academy of Music by twenty points.
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2020, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
We love Monday nights too. We actually got four right on Only Connect (I think that might be a record) and we beat the Royal Academy of Music by twenty points.
Beat you, Longdogs. We scored 15 on OC (mostly gained on the wall and missing vowels round).

As for the RA of Music, weren't they rubbish?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2020, 09:03 PM

OC - Close run game tonight - managed to solve the water wall!

UC - Wolfson began well but were trounced by Warwick.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2020, 07:48 AM

Having read the thread on this, I watched it for the first time last night and really enjoyed it!
Percy Vere

29-09-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
OC - Close run game tonight - managed to solve the water wall!

UC - Wolfson began well but were trounced by Warwick.
Well done Tabbs We got 6 on the water wall and solved the lion wall. We actually managed to get some of the sequences in Rounds1 & 2 too but the missing vowels at the end were very tough this week imho.

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Having read the thread on this, I watched it for the first time last night and really enjoyed it!
Glad you enjoyed having your brain fried Tango
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Beat you, Longdogs. We scored 15 on OC (mostly gained on the wall and missing vowels round).

As for the RA of Music, weren't they rubbish?
I forgot about the missing vowels round. We normally do quite well on that too but the wall is harder with all its red herrings.
Percy Vere

11-10-2020, 04:53 PM

Last week's walls were really tough. Didn't make any connections on either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top