Join for free
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:17 PM

Re: Trump & Covid

Boris is a lot younger and has a healthier lifestyle. It's shocking that he has been admitted so fast. Just shows how indiscriminate this disease is.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:32 PM

President Trump's secretary said the move was out of an "abundance of caution"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-54382914
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Boris is a lot younger and has a healthier lifestyle. It's shocking that he has been admitted so fast. Just shows how indiscriminate this disease is.

That's what I meant when I said we won't be told the truth Annie, because it was only at tea time they said he only had mild symptoms. If that were true, why would he whipped off to hospital so suddenly
I wonder how his wife is too? I haven't heard much about her hardly at all.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Breaking news - President Trump has been taken to hospital...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54396670
The "cocktail of drugs" reference is somewhat alarming:

Mr Trump's physician Sean Conley said in a statement earlier on Friday that the president had "as a precautionary measure received an 8g dose of Regeneron's polyclonal antibody cocktail*" at the White House. The medication is administered to help reduce virus levels and speed recovery.

He was also taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and aspirin, Dr Conley said.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals announced earlier this week that its coronavirus antibody cocktail reduced viral load for patients enrolled in early and late-stage trialswhich are ongoing.

The company gave Trump the cocktail — which is not yet approved by the FDA —through a compassionate use request, since the drug is still being evaluated for its safety and efficacy in tests with hospitalized and non-hospitalized patients, Regeneron said in a Friday press release.

Regeneron defines its compassionate use program as "intended for patients with serious or life-threatening conditions who do not have any viable or available treatment options, and are unable to participate in ongoing clinical trials."

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-tr...ee28e7c6d.html
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:36 PM

It seems he also has a fever, a cough and nasal congestion...

Unnamed sources told CNN and Reuters news agency that Trump has a fever. He also has a cough and nasal congestion, two sources told the Washington Post. None of these symptoms have been officially confirmed.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's what I meant when I said we won't be told the truth Annie, because it was only at tea time they said he only had mild symptoms. If that were true, why would he whipped off to hospital so suddenly
https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-tr...ee28e7c6d.html

White House physician Sean Conley said the first lady has "a mild cough and headache."
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2020, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It seems he also has a fever, a cough and nasal congestion...
Mags they said on the news that he would not be given experimental treatment unless the docs were very concerned. So I take the press releases from the White house etc with a pinch of salt.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-10-2020, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Melania's prognosis is probably ok. She is much younger and fit with what appears to be a healthy lifestyle. The odds are in her favour.

I guess they have to be economic with the truth because just the very news of his illness caused the dow index etc to fall sharply. Speculation can cause bankruptcies.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

03-10-2020, 12:11 AM

What's even more alarming:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54386681

President Donald Trump's coronavirus diagnosis comes after a busy week running his administration and campaigning ahead of the 3 November election, during which time he has interacted with many high-level officials.

The president announced positive test results for himself and his wife, Melania, in a tweet on Friday, at around 01:00 local time (5:00 GMT).

This followed a positive diagnosis for his close aide, Hope Hicks, who reportedly started feeling symptoms on Wednesday and tested positive the next day (Thursday).

It takes five days on average from the moment a person is infected for symptoms to start showing, but it can be much longer, so the World Health Organization advises a 14-day isolation period.

The peak infectious period for the virus is the day before symptoms appear (Tuesday)and the two days after (Friday), although a large proportion of people never show any symptoms at all.
Trump displayed symptoms on Friday, so he'd been infected for about 5 days and became infectious on Thursday.

For the last week, Trump has "guested" at rallies/fundraisers every day - all were heavily attended, with many people not wearing masks .....

On Thursday, he went ahead with a roundtable and reception in New Jersey even though his close aide, Hope Hicks, had tested positive for the virus .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

03-10-2020, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mags they said on the news that he would not be given experimental treatment unless the docs were very concerned. So I take the press releases from the White house etc with a pinch of salt.
Yes Annie, I suppose we will hear many different reports at this stage. His age and weight are against him from the start.

Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top