Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:27 AM

Re: What!

I've noticed that too Brucie and I haven't stuck around long lately as I never comment on the Brexit thread, i have my own thoughts on it and wouldn't 'argue' over it or even discuss it. Having said that, this forum is a discussion site and if some want to discuss Brexit then they are quite within their right I suppose. Me personally? I find it really boring but what's boring to some is interesting to others.

Brexit and Covid is all the news ever seems to report these days too
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
When I logged in this morning I looked at the New Posts page and there were TEN topics from the Brexit Forum on the first page.

What on earth can be said about Brexit that hasn't been said over and over again in this forum? Absolutely fascinating, considering Britain is leaving at the beginning of next year no matter what.

With the world still at the beginning of a pandemic this is the most important topic?

What will you talk about next year?
Brexit is the biggest thing that has happened to this country since the second world war Bruce. It's only natural for people who live here to want to discuss it and hear other people's opinions and thoughts on it. Due to persistent attempts by the remainers to go against public opinion, it has continued a lot longer than it should have done. Had we all accepted the majority decision it could have been over and done with now, and for good or bad, we would be surviving on our own two feet, making our own laws and judgements and business deals just like Australia does.

It could be argued that the pandemic has been thrust into the public spotlight by the media (BBC) in order for brexit to be pushed to the back in the order of importance. I'm not saying that covid it not important, but eventually covid will have been tamed, but the seismic reaction from leaving the EU will be felt for years to come and will have an effect on every man woman and child, not just in the UK, but possibly Europe and indeed the rest of the world.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Brexit is the biggest thing that has happened to this country since the second world war Bruce. It's only natural for people who live here to want to discuss it and hear other people's opinions and thoughts on it. Due to persistent attempts by the remainers to go against public opinion, it has continued a lot longer than it should have done. Had we all accepted the majority decision it could have been over and done with now, and for good or bad, we would be surviving on our own two feet, making our own laws and judgements and business deals just like Australia does.

It could be argued that the pandemic has been thrust into the public spotlight by the media (BBC) in order for brexit to be pushed to the back in the order of importance. I'm not saying that covid it not important, but eventually covid will have been tamed, but the seismic reaction from leaving the EU will be felt for years to come and will have an effect on every man woman and child, not just in the UK, but possibly Europe and indeed the rest of the world.
Well said, OGF.

If I may add a thought, those who are now bored, with the discussion of Brexit, should give some thought to how "wearing people down by attrition" works.

If you can get people so bored, with a major project, that they can no longer be bothered to read about it, or vote on it, then you can, probably, defeat the project by Attrition!

I'm convinced that attrition is the ploy which has been in use since the referendum (many years ago, now).

Even today, many who sought their freedom are not, actually, sure that they will cross the line, totally, any time soon.

Almost every week, a new road block!

The last thing we should do is stop debating it.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Well said, OGF.

If I may add a thought, those who are now bored, with the discussion of Brexit, should give some thought to how "wearing people down by attrition" works.

If you can get people so bored, with a major project, that they can no longer be bothered to read about it, or vote on it, then you can, probably, defeat the project by Attrition!

I'm convinced that attrition is the ploy which has been in use since the referendum (many years ago, now).

Even today, many who sought their freedom are not, actually, sure that they will cross the line, totally, any time soon.

Almost every week, a new road block!

The last thing we should do is stop debating it.
Exactly that Ted ! Boredom with politics was the cause of all the
shyte leadership we have had to put up with in the last 50yrs!!
If you dont pay attention then things will deteriorate untill you have
nuffink ?
We are not far off from that point right now imo??
After being away from uk for 40yrs l still cant believe how far back we
have gone as far as the average person is concerned here?
Perhaps those living here did'nt notice what was happening ??

Donkeyman! 😟😟
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 12:25 PM

What I like best is the photo ops.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FxZSYjYQB5y1dh5c9
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
When I logged in this morning I looked at the New Posts page and there were TEN topics from the Brexit Forum on the first page.

What on earth can be said about Brexit that hasn't been said over and over again in this forum? Absolutely fascinating, considering Britain is leaving at the beginning of next year no matter what.

With the world still at the beginning of a pandemic this is the most important topic?

What will you talk about next year?
Look on it as a business opportunity Brucy, perhaps you could
start an australian OFF!
Then you would'nt have to bore yourself with UK shyte??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I never have been one to comment on Brexit very much. I cast my vote at the time and didn't feel the need to spend lots of time justifying it. I mean, once the vote is cast, what good does all the talking and armchair politics do?
Exactly so. I wish people would just grow up, accept it and move on. They could save all the effort they waste on pointless playground squabbling and do something useful with it.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2020, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Exactly so. I wish people would just grow up, accept it and move on. They could save all the effort they waste on pointless playground squabbling and do something useful with it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top