Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 03:22 PM

Re: What are they saying ?

I think they're saying:-

"This is what I looked like 40 years ago!"

Bit like some user's pics on a forum.

TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think they're saying:-

"This is what I looked like 40 years ago!"

Bit like some user's pics on a forum.

I have no idea what any of them are saying but, who's the silver fox with the beard and striped suit?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

I have no idea what any of them are saying but, who's the silver fox with the beard and striped suit?
He's got his head on upside down!

bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->

Sorry, TessA, but I have no idea who he is.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 08:56 PM

It’s Prince Michael of Kent .
I met him once many years ago when he was youngEr and looked very like the last Tsar of Russia .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 09:12 PM

What anyone looks like or who they are is unlikely to change the lot of the average Joe or Josephine.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:00 PM

I think it’s wrong to judge people by what they wear. I usually home in on the person. I don’t care what they are wearing, it’s irrelevant.
It’s where their heart is that matters and if they have a nice smile.
To judge someone by their clothes is shallow (in my opinion).
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think it’s wrong to judge people by what they wear. I usually home in on the person. I don’t care what they are wearing, it’s irrelevant.
It’s where their heart is that matters and if they have a nice smile.
To judge someone by their clothes is shallow (in my opinion).

This thread is supposed to be about what a person is trying to project, not what others think of them. However, in the REAL world we are judged not only by the clothes we wear , but also by our personal grooming habits.

Moreover, I can say without any doubt that I, and everyone else, am/are judged by how we dress. There can be no doubt that we are treated VERY, VERY, differently by various businesses depending upon what we wear.

Example: If I walked into Harrods or Selfridges, wearing a neat, clean, 3-piece suit with well polished shoes, I'd be treated with respect. If, however, I wore jeans and a white T-shirt, I doubt that any clerk would offer to help me.

Additionally, based on a lifetime of experience, I can definitely state that women treat me entirely differently based on what I wear. A nice up to date suit gains me a big smile from pretty women. I become invisible to women if I wear worn jeans and a low priced shirt.

Moreover, a man can not even get in the door of a high-end restaurant if he is not wearing a suit and tie. The same is true for women. She is wearing cut-off jeans and flip-flops she is not allowed inside.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2020, 11:57 PM

Sorry Bakerman, lf l misunderstood the gist of this thread.

I have no idea what they are trying to project through their clothes? Nor do l generally, have the time or inclination to suss out what anyone is trying to project.
Honestly, Who cares!
bakerman
Mexico

20-10-2020, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sorry Bakerman, lf l misunderstood the gist of this thread.

I have no idea what they are trying to project through their clothes? Nor do l generally, have the time or inclination to suss out what anyone is trying to project.
Honestly, Who cares!
I understand. How we treat people is largely a subconscious action. Rather like the fact the very 1st thing people notice is the gender of the person walking toward us. We don't spend any time thinking about it. It's subconscious.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top