Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:43 PM

Re: Having a Takeaway

It is sometimes difficult to be greeted in broken English then the greeter reverts to Bangladeshi.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have often wondered whether restaurants with a low score would display their certificate, or if they have to, somewhere where no one will see it.
They don't have to - you can check it out on line!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2019, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are both shattered, so for the first time in years I have ordered a Takeaway.

A Local Indian, good reviews and a 5 Star Food Hygiene Rating.

We will have to wait and see what it is like.
Much as I like Indian food - I will not buy from "Indian" restaurants or take-a-ways as they use halal meat.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 01:12 AM

Hi

The Food Hygiene Ratings are online.

The Certificates have to be displayed on the premises in Wales and Scotland.

They do not have to be displayed on food premises in England.

That is the power of big business.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is sometimes difficult to be greeted in broken English then the greeter reverts to Bangladeshi.
Perhaps you should learn Bangladeshi so that you can understand what they are saying about you?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps you should learn Bangladeshi so that you can understand what they are saying about you?
Here's a very much better idea. If they're going to come to OUR country and engage in trade with US they should learn to speak OUR language or better yet sod off back to THEIR country.

Funny how many times we read about illegals being deported usually back to Pakistan and Bangladesh who had been working in food outlets being paid "under the counter" which brings wages down, is taking work from British workers, and of course reduces the government tax income.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
No need, I know what I would be saying about me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:18 AM

I just buy a ready one from Waitrose .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

16-12-2019, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I just buy a ready one Waitrose .
That's all well and good if you don't like "after-effects"
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 08:27 AM

They are delicious.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top