Join for free
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 09:52 AM

virtual queue's to shop online!

Just went on Ocado to place a food shop..wasn't expecting a delivery slot for a couple of weeks but couldn't even get on the site!

Just got a message I was in a virtual queue position 1240, you wait will be 15 mins!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	ocado queue.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	11926  
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 10:33 AM

Re: virtual queue's to shop online!

30 minutes now and no delivery slots anyway.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:04 AM

Managed to get a slot from Morrisons in 3 weeks time!

Will just have to hope there's not too many missing items as can't get out to replace anything

Wish everyone would calm down with the panic buying they're going to make more people panic especially those that know they can't get out to get anything as they're self isolating!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:15 AM

The only real way to shop on line now is "click and collect" and use a taxi to collect for you.

It'll cost a few quid but not as much as you might think if you phone around a few taxi firms to get a quote.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 01:01 PM

Well, with demand rocketing because of the isolation system this was inevitable. Another thing the Government didn't seem to anticipate. As usual. Not only will websites be swamped, the stores will only have a fraction of the drivers and vehicles required.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 01:10 PM

The largest TESCO in York has closed it's doors this morning as they have 'nothing to sell'!

What about the customers who want to buy books, DVDs etc.,?
Susan68
Up North, UK

17-03-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The largest TESCO in York has closed it's doors this morning as they have 'nothing to sell'!

What about the customers who want to buy books, DVDs etc.,?
ebay? amazon?

I managed to get a slot in a couple of weeks so just hoping it turns up now, managed to get hold of my younger sibling whose finally woke up to how serious the situation is getting and is going to bring me some stuff to keep me going until then. Anything they couldn't get I'll add to the shop and cross my fingers as much of it turns up as possible!

Got Jess a dog tent and some of the ball pool balls for the garden to go in it, incase if we have to stop walkies due to a complete lockdown by Easter/summer. They will be the last deliveries for a while (of non-essential stuff') so I don't have to be opening the door to strangers and signing for stuff, then we're ready to 'batten down the hatches'!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Well, with demand rocketing because of the isolation system this was inevitable. Another thing the Government didn't seem to anticipate. As usual. Not only will websites be swamped, the stores will only have a fraction of the drivers and vehicles required.

This is very true, Tachy.
Thjey haven't the vehicles and/or drivers to cope.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top