Join for free
Page 28 of 30 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 09:20 AM

Re: Are you stocking up just in case?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Same problem here! Worse though is that the unleaded fuel left over the winter loses its octane level, when spring arrives using it in the lawn mower causes starting problems. Often the mower just will not start so old fuel is no good at all and has to be replaced!
The problem with a mower is that the fuel tank is not sealed so the fuel loses its volatiles, fortunately my fuel containers and my generators have sealed tanks so the fuel lasts almost indefinitely (well, they reckon a year).
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2020, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well I did my first online grocery order for Sainsbury's this evening. It took me a time to work out how to do it, but I got there in the end Filled out my details then went to pick my delivery slot .... that's when the trouble started
There were no slots available for the next 4 weeks!

Went to Tesco's site, did all the necessary again, many of the things I wanted weren't available so had to make do with something else. Crossed my fingers and continued to the deliveries. The first spot available was 25th March 21.00-22.00.

If it's like this now, goodness knows how everyone will manage in a couple of weeks time.
We did our online shopping on Saturday at Sainsbury's and Asda and got delivery dates of Wednesday and Thursday. We normally shop at Asda but did Sainsbury's as well because Asda didn't have the toilet roll we usually buy.

I don't know what the next shop will be like week ..or the week after. If we're all staying at home, the online delivery slots will get even further away I expect.
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:28 AM

Glad I got a couple of months supply for Jess!

My elderly neighbour who has a little dog emailed me to ask where I got Jess's stuff cos Pets at home have a 2 week wait for delivery or collect instore and she's run out.

Anyway a more able neighbour has offered to go down there tomorrow for when it opens to get her some stuff in.

For today I've given a tin of Jess's applaws (tinned chicken) and some softer treats, another neighbour with a small dog has given her some smaller sized kibble (ours is too big for medium/large breed)

Looks like the panic buyers have moved onto pet supermarkets now, so I suspect they'll be putting restrictions on stuff soon too!
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
We did our online shopping on Saturday at Sainsbury's and Asda and got delivery dates of Wednesday and Thursday. We normally shop at Asda but did Sainsbury's as well because Asda didn't have the toilet roll we usually buy.

I don't know what the next shop will be like week ..or the week after. If we're all staying at home, the online delivery slots will get even further away I expect.
Ocado didn't have any until end of April either. I managed to get a really early morning slot in 3 weeks from Morrisons. Just have to cross my fingers and hope most of it turns up and make it last as long as I can.

Family will try and get me enough stuff at weekend to manage until my delivery.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 11:09 AM

I am now down to my last 2 toilet rolls. When they run out I shall go to the station and get free toilet paper. Metro and Evening Standard. I even saw the Standard in Sainsbury’s .
Edit. Why is my photo upside down?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	749E8521-FB62-429C-A9F5-6A2D1B0162E7.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	11948  
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 11:22 AM

The days of choosing which toilet roll or dog food we want have gone (for now at least). It's make do with whatever is left on the shelf. Supermarkets keep telling us they can cope and there is enough to go round but personally I don't think they can cope.

Despite the panic buying, supermarkets are not able to restock in time for the next day. They are receiving less items in than they did before the crisis started.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The days of choosing which toilet roll or dog food we want have gone (for now at least). It's make do with whatever is left on the shelf. Supermarkets keep telling us they can cope and there is enough to go round but personally I don't think they can cope.

Despite the panic buying, supermarkets are not able to restock in time for the next day. They are receiving less items in than they did before the crisis started.
That's precisely why stocking up makes so much sense.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:45 PM

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 09:58 PM

The government (not sure if it was federal or State) has just overridden local council laws that prevent truck movements to supermarkets at unsocial hours so that now supermarkets can be supplied 24 hours a day.

Still haven't managed to get any quick oats though there are plenty of hot cross buns.
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Still haven't managed to get any quick oats though there are plenty of hot cross buns.
Story of my life!

Page 28 of 30 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top