Join for free
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 05:39 PM

united

I was wondering if anyone watched the BBC2 drama
United on Sunday night the story of the Man united
air disaster at Munich. It was a cracker from start to finish
it was well acted and well produced it reminded me of the
good dramas BBC used to produce which we don't get
today....more please
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Re: united

I was wanting to see that Wishbone,but circumstances prevented me, I'm sure it will be repeated. A local lad from where I come from was killed in that disaster, Liam Whelan.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2011, 07:37 PM

I hope it is repeated Jemflux if it is don't miss it you'll throughly
enjoy it
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

29-04-2011, 10:01 PM

It was a really good production and well worth seeing.

Sad to note that the family of Sir Matt Busby were a bit upset over some of the artistic licence but it was a drama after all and did not sully any reputations that I could see.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 02:46 PM

I don't want to sound negative as I didn't see the play but surely there is enough real footage of the actual events to make a very moving story without using actors it was on very recently.

It was a tradegy so awful that I don't think a play could do it justice. Matt Busby nearly died and to upset his family for whatever reason is not a good thing.

I cry at the very thought of what happened, maybe I feel it is too soon to turn it into a play.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2011, 04:52 PM

Have to agree with Cookiecate. Some events are so tragic and terrible, that even with the best intentions, a recreation as such, does not do much for the people and relatives involved.Especially when ghastly murders are raked over and fictionalized, for example the Fred West case currently been put together.
wishbone
south wales

30-04-2011, 06:24 PM

thank you all for you'r replies I agree with cookiecat that it must have been upsetting for the Busby family and agree with John about the Fred West
case but this was not a ghastly murder it was atragic part of modern day
history and should be documented as such and I thought the BBC did it in
a very compassionate and dignified way

take care....Wishbone

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top