Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2020, 03:42 PM

Re: another scam

TV licensing scam, HMRC scam, they either ring you or message you saying you owe them and if you don't pay a warrant will be issued for your arrest, it won't, so ignore it.
BT broadband scam, 'we need to check your account details' , no they don't, they were most upset when I told them that I didn't even have BT in the house.
There have even been some pretending to be from banks recently too.
Tip for banks, and it never fails, if you ring them they ask certain 'security' questions, such as date of birth, mothers maiden name, pets name, etc, things you have set up with them, that however doesn't make it secure, so when they rang me I did the same ask them some questions, such as, what is the balance of my account? when did I last use my card? where did I last use it, and what was the amount spent?
If they are genuine they will answer these questions no problem, in fact when I did it they even commented on what a good idea it was, well I trust nobody.
It has been nice to have a few weeks peace and quiet, but it seems as things return to normal, so to do the thieving scumbags, oh and one final warning, if they ring you up and you say you're going to ring them back to confirm who they are then either use another phone, or wait about ten minutes.What they can do as the person who has made the call is keep the line open, you think you have dialled but you haven't, you are still connected to them, then feeling reassured they offer to transfer you back to the person dealing with you, you happily answer their questions and they have all they need to relieve you of your hard earned cash. if in doubt, don't do it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top