Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Isa49
New Zealand
Isa49 is female  Isa49 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2019, 11:55 PM

Bushfires- Catastrophic conditions

N.S.W & Queensland are facing catastrophic conditions., Lives have been lost and hundreds of homes destroyed.
This is the first time that the fires have come so close to Sydney.
Smoke and dust has reached parts of New Zealand.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 12:47 AM

Re: Bushfires- Catastrophic conditions

I saw that on the news. Terrible fires, I feel for the families who have lost loved ones and/or their homes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by tiffany ->
i saw that on the news. Terrible fires, i feel for the families who have lost loved ones and/or their homes.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:01 AM

I do feel for Aussie at the moment! We've had a few too but nothing like Australia.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:13 AM

HI there!...THanks for your good wishes. We feel so bad for those that have suffered so much loss and the wildlife have suffered terribly also. If my health was better I would be volunteering in the RFS but they won't have me. We are just in the process of packing a few bags of precious stuff hoping that they'll fit in the car..hoping that we can take the car We have been lucky where we are so far with bushfires seeing that our house backs on to national parkland. But this time we are taking nothing for granted. It's a bad one. Tomorrow - Tuesday here - has been graded at catastrophic level so fingers crossed, we're ready to bolt if necessary. We have a huge lake just a block away where the water cranes and air tankers swoop low to refill. So if worse comes to worse we can swim It's so weird. Today is gorgeous. 25 degrees, clear sky gentle breeze. And it's all going to change tomorrow. But without making light of anything, I have a feeling we will be OK. Just a matter of doing all you can. Wish us luck!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:22 AM

Best wishes to you and all your family and friends,mate.

No threat for us here but the summer hasn't actually started yet,has it?
I've been surprised, since I've been here, by how many fires are actually started deliberately .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:26 AM

Best wishes to our Australian and New Zealand friends, may you all stay safe.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Best wishes to you and all your family and friends,mate.

No threat for us here but the summer hasn't actually started yet,has it?
I've been surprised, since I've been here, by how many fires are actually started deliberately .
THanks so much mate. I'm just watching the Remembrance Day ceremony from Canberra.Makes you feel thankful, grateful and maybe just a little stronger. Time will tell. As far as deliberate lighting goes, yes it's one of the lowest acts there is. What can I say.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:29 AM

Oh Keezoy I am so sorry you might be at risk. Can't you leave now and go to a safer location? Don't wait! I am very sad for people who have been affected. Stay safe!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 01:34 AM

As l said, on the ‘Red At Night’ thread, my son lives in Port Macquarie NSW and roads are closed, he had to drive up the beach to work.
He said, they should be ok as they live on the coast.

Yesterday, he said, Sydney itself was ok, it was just in the mountains that wasn’t ok.

Keezoy, l hope you will be ok. It must be a scary place to live in at the moment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top