Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 12:44 PM

What will she do if???

Just watching Sturgeon campaigning for the election,
She seems to be combining with the lib dems with a lot of STOP
BREXIT rhetoric and anti british talk?
I ask, what will she do if she ends up as englands new prime
Minister??
Will she migrate to wstminster?
Will she she move westminster to scotland??
Has she considered winning the election outright?
Jesus Christ what a mess!!!
Donkeyman!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 01:06 PM

Re: What will she do if???

She can't ... can she ? She's Scotland's first minister and we in England don't get to vote for her.

Scotland only have 5 million population, so there's little chance anyway. The mind boggles at how much Scotland think they can dictate with just 5 million.

I don't understand why they voted in 2014 for Independence now they want to vote against Brexit .
If we leave the EU I think they should have another Referendum . That would make them happy , but I suggest we can ALL vote on that issue, just like they have for Brexit even though they wanted Independence prior to UK Referendum in 2016, and that they should not be expecting the Brits to prop up their currency if they did become Independent and return to the EU.

They want everything their own way . Well no nobody ever got everything their own way . I'd vote for them to leave, and to build Hadrians wall all over again .
After all 5 million don't carry much weight do they, not in the grand scheme of things ?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
She can't ... can she ? She's Scotland's first minister and we in England don't get to vote for her.

Scotland only have 5 million population, so there's little chance anyway. The mind boggles at how much Scotland think they can dictate with just 5 million.

I don't understand why they voted in 2014 for Independence now they want to vote against Brexit .
If we leave the EU I think they should have another Referendum . That would make them happy , but I suggest we can ALL vote on that issue, just like they have for Brexit even though they wanted Independence prior to UK Referendum in 2016, and that they should not be expecting the Brits to prop up their currency if they did become Independent and return to the EU.

They want everything their own way . Well no nobody ever got everything their own way . I'd vote for them to leave, and to build Hadrians wall all over again .
After all 5 million don't carry much weight do they, not in the grand scheme of things ?
55.3% voted against Scottish Independence in the 2014 referendum with a 84.59% turnout.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 01:25 PM

Hi

A Scottish decision, not one for us.

They would do quite well, they have the oil and gas reserves, the vast majority of the fishing and huge exports.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

They would do quite well, they have the oil and gas reserves, the vast majority of the fishing and huge exports.
and a great line in kilts
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 02:37 PM

Hi

Of those exports 60% is with the rest of the UK, 22% rest of the world and only 18% with the EU.
https://www2.gov.scot/Topics/Statist...ESSPublication
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 04:21 PM

Hi

It would cost more to mine the oil and gas reserves than what revenues would be made from them. In the first IndyRef, Sturgeon and Salmond were saying they would be selling their (yes "their") North Sea Oil at about £148 a barrel. Its only ever been that price for one day since the last ice age and now that Greta and Co are pushing the green renewable energies, oil and gas is a dead duck at about half that price.

Besides, North Sea Oil and the UK territorial waters belong to the UK. Scotland is just a region and does not have a claim on them.

Like Scot says, Scotland exports mainly to the UK so why would it leave its biggest market ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It would cost more to mine the oil and gas reserves than what revenues would be made from them. In the first IndyRef, Sturgeon and Salmond were saying they would be selling their (yes "their") North Sea Oil at about £148 a barrel. Its only ever been that price for one day since the last ice age and now that Greta and Co are pushing the green renewable energies, oil and gas is a dead duck at about half that price.

Besides, North Sea Oil and the UK territorial waters belong to the UK. Scotland is just a region and does not have a claim on them.

Like Scot says, Scotland exports mainly to the UK so why would it leave its biggest market ?
Hi

If Scotland became Independent it would own it's own Territorial Waters.

Why would they want to leave, well because they no longer want to be ruled by Westminster.

We are leaving our biggest market, so why shouldn't they?

It is all about self rule.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

As Scot37 says PD, Most scots voted not to become independent
in 2014 . The problems we have now with scotland started with
Nicola Sturgeon and that noisy little set of bagpipes that inhabits
scotch corner in the HOC, whats his name?
So if we ever get out of eu we must give them their referendum to
settle their gripes but we must pose the questions asked?
Looking at Scot37s figures it should be a no brainer imo??
Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 04:39 PM

Hi

If Scotland became Independent it would own it's own Territorial Waters.

Why would they want to leave, well because they no longer want to be ruled by Westminster.

We are leaving our biggest market, so why shouldn't they?

It is all about self rule.
It would not own its own territorial waters - they are UK Territorial waters split into regions.

The EU is not our biggest market - the rest of the world is

Scotland is a devolved nation of the UK, and wants to remain as part of the UK because in 2014 it voted to remain.

Scotland also benefits from the Barnett Formula - if it was so wealthy as you say, it wouldn't need it would it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top