Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:27 AM

Re: Ship wrecked sheep

So many theories eventually turn out to have a degree of truth or correctness (is that the right word ? Mind has gone blank ) about them. Only more time and research will develop such theories.
We know the carcass/ muscle of an animal after slaughter is rigid, and then given an electric shock to relax the meat.

There are also the pigs and other animals that are pumped full of antibiotics, they live in their own slurry (in many cases ) confined in a cage to small to turn around in and the slurry is full of bacteria which can be absorbed into the food chain .

Someone recently related to me about her father as a young man,who had a job on a local farm.. He was very fond of a particular pig, and when he would go to the farm the pig came to greet him. He'd sit down and tell the pig to sit down too... which it did next to him. Just as intelligent as dogs but everyone is up in arms about the dog meat festivals in Asia. Shame we don't have the same outcry here for pigs and others.

Just about ready to have a good old sob now, Mups. What can we do ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:44 AM

Puddles you say - "Just about ready to have a good old sob now, Mups. What can we do "?

Sadly, I don't know the answer.
There are many people working on such issues by travelling to places, doing under-cover filming, try to show the public what goes on, and joining organisations that try to educate us about what goes on.
These organisations are always pleased to get more members and supporters.

On the other hand, sometimes it's also best not to think too deeply I'm afraid.
There has always been horrendous suffering, and probably always be. I cannot see huge changes during our lifetime anyway. Cruelty is all around us if we look.

This is another thing that upsets me greatly.
The donkeys breaking their backs in the Indian brick kilns.

Also the way these most adorable animals are being used for their skins for medicine.
It doesn't matter how neglected, skinny, underfed, under-watered their poor bodies become, because they only want the skins for the wealthy Chinese people believe it keeps colds and flu at bay.

https://www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.u...glect-in-nepal
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Agreed, the world is opening up to us via e.g. the media but not enough and although the world is shrinking ,many don't even take note of man's inhumanity to man, if it doesn't happen on our doorstep .

I was in a room of seven people yesterday, and not another one of them had heard about those poor sheep . Understandable I suppose, as the media reports have been very limited anyway. There are blind eyes and disinterest to many horrible things that go on in our world, mostly due to human activities , and closing down to such could be a way of self preservation I suppose.

The donkeys ! So very sad. Also being robbed from the tribes that need them so desperately.
As the Chinese take more and more land for resources in Africa, it includes the Congo, from where they are capturing wildlife and exporting back to China, and more recently the 30 plus baby elephants sent from Zimbabwe. Babies that were snatched at a very young age from their mommies. That was pre-arranged months and months ahead of the push, but the media only decided to grab the headlines on the day of the flight.

Anyway, this morning is cold and frosty here, and my little hedgehog is still coming out each night for food !!
Enjoy your day Mups..
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

29-11-2019, 11:22 AM

They are still finding sheep to be rescued. This is the latest update from Four Paws :

Animal rescue from capsized ship – the fight to find the last survivors ��❗️️

It is amazing that after 4 days, our team and partners from ARCA Letea Wild Horses are still pulling out survivors from the wreckage ❤️. The team are exhausted, but they will not stop until each and every possible life has been saved.
Today our team will be at the side of ISU who will cut into one more compartment of the ship ��. The 254 rescued sheep, for now, are safe and receiving the much needed medical attention they need ��. ➡️ http://bit.ly/sheep-rescue-romania
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 11:43 AM

Puddles you say - " Anyway, this morning is cold and frosty here, and my little hedgehog is still coming out each night for food !! "

I love to see hedgehogs.
We can't take on the whole world's cruelty, but at least you are helping one little creature to live.
If everybody helped just one animal to survive, we could do an awful lot of good.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
An Osteopath I knew years ago firmly believed that the fear animals feel at slaughter, sends stress hormones into their blood. I believe this to be perfectly reasonable.

He said this 'infected' blood gets into the meat.
We then eat that 'infected' meat which was laden with fear and stress.

He believed that is a contributary factor to the fighting need some humans feel, and to other health problems too.

Just his opinion of course, but I have always remembered that.
Mups a slaughterhouse manager told me the same thing.
Terror and pain causes a massive surge of adrenaline which toughens the meat too .
However in hell holes of the Middle East most of the meat is cooked in a way that they don’t care if it is tough .
Much less the sufferings of the animals.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top