Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 11:46 AM

Re: Meanwhile in Sunderland ...

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Not the BBC again

You should have voted remain...
Hi

No, I am not the BBC at all.

I just cannot see the logic of leaving with no deal which puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

A WTO Free Trade Deal with the EU is exactly what we will be trying to negotiate with others when we leave.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 12:29 PM

All the car makers make Brexit no deal a convenient excuse to either get more money out of the government, or use it as an excuse for the simple fact that the car industry in general (in ALL EU countries) are in deep deep doodah over Diesel and Petrol motors not selling.

It will be very very sad if they do up and leave, especially for Sunderland workers, but we cannot continue to be blackmailed by a private commerical company. If they think they can fare any better in countries such as France or Germany with the state of their industries, feel free!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No, I am not the BBC at all.

I just cannot see the logic of leaving with no deal which puts us at a competitive disadvantage.

A WTO Free Trade Deal with the EU is exactly what we will be trying to negotiate with others when we leave.

Like most remainers you only look at tarrifs and never the bigger picture.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 01:14 PM

Tarrifs amount to about 2-6% on average on product costs. Currently fluctuation can be anything up to and above 20%

Corporation tax
VAT
personal taxation
Housing
R&D - technology and innovation
Productivity
Language
Health care
Crime rates
Education
Training
Workers skills
Etc etc

These are other factors that influence where products are made

It's not just tarrifs
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
All the car makers make Brexit no deal a convenient excuse to either get more money out of the government, or use it as an excuse for the simple fact that the car industry in general (in ALL EU countries) are in deep deep doodah over Diesel and Petrol motors not selling.

It will be very very sad if they do up and leave, especially for Sunderland workers, but we cannot continue to be blackmailed by a private commerical company. If they think they can fare any better in countries such as France or Germany with the state of their industries, feel free!
Hi

You miss the point SG.

It is not about being blackmailed at all, it is simple maths.

A No Deal puts ordinary people at a disadvantage.

A simple WTO Free Trade Agreement, which s what we want with other Countries when we leave, means no ordinary person should lose their jobs.

There would be no tariffs on Manufacturing or Agriculture, we carry on as is, just a minimal amount of new paperwork.

These people have mortgages and kids, they should not suffer at all, no need for them to.

Many of them voted for Brexit, they should not be punished for doing so.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 02:39 PM

Tarrifs amount to about 2-6% on average on product costs. Currently fluctuation can be anything up to and above 20%

Corporation tax
VAT
personal taxation
Housing
R&D - technology and innovation
Productivity
Language
Health care
Crime rates
Education
Training
Workers skills
Etc etc

These are other factors that influence where products are made

It's not just tarrifs

Most of these factors are being regulated by EU directives, aimed at creating level playing fields.
While over in the states you should visit one of their car plants. It will all be explained to you.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-10-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Most of these factors are being regulated by EU directives, aimed at creating level playing fields.
While over in the states you should visit one of their car plants. It will all be explained to you.

I already know how this works.

UK regulations will make us more competitive look what EU membership has done for uk manufacturing over the past 40 years
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2019, 03:00 PM

UK regulations will make us more competitive
Presumably by lowering: health care, housing, training, training, worker skills. By moving facilities. That's what you'd see in an american plant. British workers future.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-10-2019, 03:36 PM

UK regulations will make us more competitive look what EU membership has done for uk manufacturing over the past 40 years
Hi

I do not agree, my view is that you do not know how things work and that your knowledge base is of Pharmaceuticals, which will be minimally affected, if at all.

My lodgers, Zac and Derek, have loaded up two Artics of used car parts.

No paperwork at all, they are off to Germany and Poland.

In the event of No Deal, they would require over 400 bits of paperwork.

Simply not worth it.

Proof of Origin for each part, different Tariffs and it is per consignment, not per load.

We send mixed loads of foodstuffs locally to the EU.

Different tariffs on different classes of meat, each with a Certificate.

At present, none of that, just load them up and away they go.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-10-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do not agree, my view is that you do not know how things work and that your knowledge base is of Pharmaceuticals, which will be minimally affected, if at all.

My lodgers, Zac and Derek, have loaded up two Artics of used car parts.

No paperwork at all, they are off to Germany and Poland.

In the event of No Deal, they would require over 400 bits of paperwork.

Simply not worth it.

Proof of Origin for each part, different Tariffs and it is per consignment, not per load.

We send mixed loads of foodstuffs locally to the EU.

Different tariffs on different classes of meat, each with a Certificate.

At present, none of that, just load them up and away they go.

Without any customs documentation????

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top