Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 07:43 PM

Re: Big toe pain

UPDATE:

I finally was able to get thru to a social worker at my clinic and she made an appt for me on this past Saturday. The G.P Dr. also agreed with everyone who said "gout". She placed me on Colchicine for 5 days plus 3,000 mg of Acetaminophen/day.

Within 24 hours the redness and swelling had subsided and the pain has now lessened.

The blood test results for uric acid will be available this coming Thursday. Thank heavens she did not want to use a syringe, into the joint, to withdraw any uric acid crystals. That sounds like it would have been extremely painful.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
UPDATE:

I finally was able to get thru to a social worker at my clinic and she made an appt for me on this past Saturday. The G.P Dr. also agreed with everyone who said "gout". She placed me on Colchicine for 5 days plus 3,000 mg of Acetaminophen/day.

Within 24 hours the redness and swelling had subsided and the pain has now lessened.

The blood test results for uric acid will be available this coming Thursday. Thank heavens she did not want to use a syringe, into the joint, to withdraw any uric acid crystals. That sounds like it would have been extremely painful.
Nice result

Had gout a few years ago could only walk on one foot the other I dragged along.

Went to doctor and said I had gout he told me to take my shoe and sock off and said you have got gout gave me a perception and two days later no more pain.

My son in law has to take the tables every day as he has a chronic case of gout.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
or Arthritis
I believe gout is a form of arthritis
Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Gout is awful It's caused by the accumulation of uric acid crystals due to your diet. My dad suffered from it for years. When he had an attack he took these pills, but I believe they are prescription only. They certainly work though. Dad always made sure he had some in the house.
For quick relief certainly. For long term, dietary changes are best.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 12:34 AM

UPDATE:

Sorry Bakerman. I replied before reading your update.
I’m glad you got some relief. Good stuff.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 11:59 AM

UPDATE:
Day two on Colchicine. While I still have some pain and redness, there does seem to be an improvement.
Thank heavens for that. 48 hours ago, it felt like I been stabbed in the base joint of my big toe and someone was twisting the knife.
bakerman
Mexico

22-05-2020, 01:11 AM

Talked with my Dr today and she wants me to stop eating so many different things: red meat, shell fish, cheese, sodas, pasta, bread, and all desserts, etc. In short, everything I love.

Good heavens, speaking as a cook, if I were to do that, it would take away much of my reason for living.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 09:50 AM

Talked with my Dr today and she wants me to stop eating so many different things: red meat, shell fish, cheese, sodas, pasta, bread, and all desserts, etc. In short, everything I love.

Good heavens, speaking as a cook, if I were to do that, it would take away much of my reason for living.
She's having a laugh bakerman, most of your excess uric acid is made in the liver and diet only plays a small part. I'm taking a 100mg Allopurinol and I can eat what I like. Just don't eat too much of one thing on the danger list. It was probably red wine and scallops while on a cruise that set mine off, so I don't eat scallops anymore, and just the odd glass of red with a meal.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 12:47 PM

Maybe amputation woul be the way to go then BM? 😁😁😁

Donkeyman!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Maybe amputation woul be the way to go then BM? 😁😁😁

Donkeyman!
Gout can flare up in any joint Donkeyman, where do you stop....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 08:58 PM

Ooh .. that made my eyes smart just thinking about it.

Sad isn't it ... we start off with all these life choices until one day just about everything nice or naughty is bad for you and a no-no. Awful innit.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top