Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Sticky mouse disease.

Of late i am experiencing problems with the USB optical mice on my PC and laptop. Laptop my internet connection, PC for working on my photos.

PC = XP keeps sticking and sometimes requires me to unplug it from the USB port, wait until i hear a bell like sound before replugging it in,can happen several times.

Laptop = Vista, same as above though it does continue after a few moments, the finger-pad works during this time.

Im wondering if this may be a power supply problem with the mouse. Any advice gratefully received. Dont think its to do with a virus as i keep my computers up to date and checked regularly.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 06:22 PM

Re: Sticky mouse disease.

I've got a couple of cats, you could send them in!
Brian 8451
United Kingdom
Brian 8451 is male  Brian 8451 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 07:53 PM

Hi Norm, I would first try another usb port, if no luck give the mouse mat a good clean, still no luck you could try another mouse to see if it is the usb port or the mouse that is faulty.
MrsKaia
California, USA
MrsKaia is female  MrsKaia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 08:55 PM

My hb opened up my optical mouse last week, because of similar problems I had with it. Sometimes the mouse pointer would just fly over the screen, and get stuck in a corner. As if it had a life of its own. Apparently the little mouse wheel had accumulated all kinds of icky... So if all else fails, open it up.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 09:02 PM

You can remove the balls from them!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by MrsKaia ->
My hb opened up my optical mouse last week, because of similar problems I had with it. Sometimes the mouse pointer would just fly over the screen, and get stuck in a corner. As if it had a life of its own. Apparently the little mouse wheel had accumulated all kinds of icky... So if all else fails, open it up.
Mine does the same but its optical, no mouse wheel.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

MrsKaia
California, USA
MrsKaia is female  MrsKaia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Mine does the same but its optical, no mouse wheel.
Mine is optical too, but has a scroll wheel. What type do you have then?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2014, 12:58 AM

Have you tried cleaning your mouse, you could try WD40
This is the way to do it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJHu70dyQag
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

28-01-2014, 10:54 AM

Thanks for the replies and links, will give them a go and get back to you. im still of an opinion its of a puter problem but will be glad to be proved wrong .

Re cats and balls Twiz , detention for you young lady. write out one thousand times..

" I must not wind up the Nom when his puters not well "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top