Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 09:35 PM

Re: USS President Roosevelt - in the Solent channel

I know, DM! But as I said, in my full report of my day out, when I was looking out from the Spinnaker tower and the guide pointed out the warship anchored out to the Solent I said, is that it? It just looked small. But she replied, if you can imagine that it can't get through that gap there into the harbour. And as you actually sail past it, its shape changes all the time and then you realise just how big it is!

When I transferred my photos from the memory card to the laptop a short while ago, it was the first time I was able to see them properly and I was very pleased. Only then could I see the planes on the top, and more detail.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:10 PM

That sure is one big boat Jazzi, kinda ugly ain't it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
That sure is one big boat Jazzi, kinda ugly ain't it.
Ooh I dunno, Jem. . Quite like it meself.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:55 PM

Ships are supposed to big vessels of beauty, that's why they are called 'She' "Oh arr, ain't she a beauty Jim lad" Seems to me they are making them uglier than ever now Jazzi. I had a thread here a few years ago about how ugly the space ships are now in the films, big floating junkyards, in my young days they were sleek, all polished and shiny, a joy to behold.
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 04:13 PM

If it had been a quarter that size they might have been able to get it into Portsmouth Harbour
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2015, 04:16 PM

Great photo's Jazzi, I like them.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

28-03-2015, 07:39 PM

Thanks susie, and others.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top