Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 06:56 PM

1 year ago today

It was one year ago since we lost our cat bobo, we had her for sixteen years but had to have her put to sleep as she had a mouth tumour and was very poorly, and on our vets advice we had to make that horrible decision , we al still miss her she was such a character
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 10:26 PM

Re: 1 year ago today

Sometimes we don't have much choice about that final decision Primus.
It's always a very, very hard thing to have to do. It sounds as if you did the right thing for her though.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2015, 10:46 PM

Alan, sixteen years is a long time, it is not surprising you miss Bobo.

I think those of us who have our pets for many years are very luck, they add so much to our lives
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2015, 12:37 AM

I had my two cats for 20 years when the male was found to have cancer and I had to make the terribly hard decision to put him to sleep, not long after my lovely old girl became ill too and sadly she too was lost to me.

I still miss them very much and always will
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 02:37 PM

You did the best and only thing you could do for your cat Primus1. I had to have my treasured little Muffin put to sleep last September and there isn't a day passes that I don't miss him. I still expect him to be sat by my feet when I'm preparing dinner, waiting to get a piece of raw carrot. Losing him also impacted greatly on our little Shitzu who had never known life without him. A year later she refuses to be left in the house alone. You will never forget your lovely cat but you know, and she knew, how much she was loved, that will never change.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Thank you all for your kind words, those of you who have/had pets,must one day face that awful day , but animals have individual characters as people do and we can all remember the good days and the pleasure they bring

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top