Join for free
Page 498 of 1676 « First < 398 448 488 496 497 498 499 500 508 548 598 998 1498 > Last »
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:15 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Astute readers will have noted the subtle way the previous weeks topics were included in the previous post.
Subtle use of subtle there.

The ways of the brain are individual to each owner. On seeing a word one brain owner may simply read and move on whereas another brain owner seeing the same word, stops, does an involuntary quick memory scramble and recall, and there you have it. Your todays leisurely scribble contribution.

Be it leisurely meanderings, brain cartwheels or mental flip flops, words work.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 11:15 AM

The first time I watched the first ever esipode of the Doctor Foreman Show, or Dr Who as it is sometimes called, was on the 30th November 1963.
I've been a fan ever since and probably have watched every single one of the how ever many hundreds of esipodes that have been shown, plus the filums, and met some of the actors wot appeared in it.

I have plans to build a Dalek, and have plans of a virtual nature with dimensions, fifth or otherwise, on how to cut and assemble said fiendish device. I haven't decided yet whether I shall use it for world domination, or just to impress the ganddkids.
Afore I do that, I need to modify two stair-lifts so I can get it to the upper floors of our humble semi here in the land of the Zummer Zettlers.

My Lovely wants to know where I am going to keep it. I have no idea, I just have this urge to build one.

Dentists. When I was growing up in the small Lincolnshire village of Waltham, I managed to take a bight out of a huge concrete pipe. Well there was a pile of them in the pub car park, just lying around ready for us kids to crawl through and jump over. However at some point, instead of jumping onto the next one, I slipped and gave it an open mouthed kiss, and chipped a front tooth. A year later I slipped on some ice at school and chipped a bit more off the same tooth.

Later we moved to dear old Donny in the shire of Yorks, and my dentist there said once I had finished school and given up the gentleman's game of rugby, he would replace the broken tooth with a crown.
He was an excellent dentist was Mr Terry. Always putting his patients at ease by saying things like, "don't worry about the stain on the ceiling, it's only blood," or, "I scraped the syringe needle on the doorstep this morning so it should be nice and sharp."
I kid you not, although I don't think he said that to all of his patients.
Anyway, job done, nice crown.

I've never been frightened of visiting the dentist, indeed I used to especially enjoy going to the one in the village here. Mind you, I was courting a pretty little dental nurse at the time.
We had a clearout last year, and I found her old nurses outfit ...

qwe';lkjhgfdsxcvbnm vbntymkjkj=uy

That's better, there was some drool on the keyboard.

Now where was I. Oh yes, me teeff. They are not the best there is, and I'm always worried that the amount of metal in them will set off a metal detector. I broke a piece off one of them whilst having lunch obtained at my employer's expense from a most excellent chippy in Lossiemouth, but didn't realise it until after I had finished. I never bothered to go looking for the missing piece.
They are a hardy lot, the Scots. Even their pies are hard.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:02 PM

Never at ease at the Dentists (or any medical establishment for that matter), it was early 1985, and I was plagued with a toothache, I'd put up with it for a couple of days, but the time had come for it to go.
It was duly extracted, but, because it was bleeding a fair bit, I was told to bite down hard on a gauze pad, for a short while. during the course of the afternoon my cheek swollen up, and was quite painful, it was Wednesday, and by Saturday, it was no better, and, whilst leaning over the car, doing some work on something or other, my jaw started to bleed again.
I was due to go into town that Saturday night, so I picked my mate up, and suggested we went to the out of hours Dentistry at the General Hospital first, I was seen quite quickly, the lady Dentist producing the largest syringe I had ever seen, she said, it's alright, this isn't to inject you with, you have a "Dry Socket" that hasn't started healing yet, this contains an anesthetic/antiseptic mix to clean the hole out, she then got some Forceps gripping a swab, and packed the hole.
Within minutes, the pain started to subside, I investigated the area with my tongue, apparently, whilst my gum was frozen, when the Dentist geezer asked me to bite hard on the gauze pad, he did not hold my inner cheek away, so, I was also biting my cheek process.
On that very Saturday afternoon, before my gum re-split I flagged down the car that the Wife to be was driving, and asked her Mother, if I could take her Daughter out on a date, they must have thought I had been in a punch up or something.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Doctor Who fell at the first hurdle when faced with the likes of the Outer Limits and the brilliant Twilight Zone.

The Twilight Zone can still scare the hell out of you and give sleepless nights also who can forget these words

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Fear invoking stuff that
I don't want to be frightened at my age just entertained - I have NEVER understood the need for people to be frightened beyond reasonable frights!!

but dear solo I am open to an explanation of why you seek such frights?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:21 PM

You're just an old romantic at heart Mr Spitfire.

My Lovely asked me out. She didn't arsk my Dad's permission first either. 'Twas very forward of her don't you think.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:23 PM

Faint Heart never won fair Maiden.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2018, 12:27 PM

I like women to take the lead - I've got a nice red one that clips on my heavily studded collar - no I am not kinky I just bark a lot!!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

19-02-2018, 12:29 PM

Er we iz bein classified as we subscribe - have a look at the description under ya name on the left hand side!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

19-02-2018, 01:08 PM

It appears that the powers that be think I am Spanish. A Senor member no less.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

19-02-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Faint Heart never won fair Maiden.
I dunno. She might still be waiting for me to ask her out if she hadn't done it first.
I was very shy in those days.

Page 498 of 1676 « First < 398 448 488 496 497 498 499 500 508 548 598 998 1498 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top