Join for free
Page 988 of 1676 « First < 488 888 938 978 986 987 988 989 990 998 1038 1088 1488 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:41 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I have Great Expectations.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I have Great Expectations.
we all have on here SP but ya just ain't fulfulling em! - take ya clothes off instead of fluffin about in those silky nightwear thingos!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:47 PM

“He who has conquered his own coward spirit has conquered the whole outward world;”

“Don't be led away to think this part of the world important and that unimportant. Every corner of the world is important. No man knows whether this part or that is most so, but every man may do some honest work in his own corner.”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:51 PM

yep I remember conquering my own spirit - I just looked at the bottle and said - you've got drink all that in one go lad!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 03:22 PM

Of course I’m not offended Gummy, the church and me parted company many many years ago, I just cut the middle man out and now I say me prayers directly to the main man. The speeds are much better too, 1,000 Mbps and powered by SIRO. (Sacred Internet Relay Org.)

I thought I posted this earlier but I must have forgotten to press the send button, apologies if it appears twice.

"The time has come," the Gumbud said,
"To talk of many things:
Of cigars— and aching backs—and alcohol tax--
Of Kimberley—and Diamond rings
And why his tea is boiling hot--
And whether Saints have flings

The Walrus and the Carpenter, my great Aunt Peggy had a Walnut sideboard made by a master carpenter from Ballyjamesduff, perhaps the Walrus was mad=Wal-nut, and the carpenter took a hatchet to him and made a sideboard out of him. I could never figure out what a carpenter was doing hanging out on a beach with a Walrus while he could be busy turning out beautiful furniture, also I never quite understood how a walnut sideboard was actually made, how many walnuts does it take to make a decent sized sideboard, and how do they get the wrinkles out of the shells, pity we have no scribbling carpenters here. I know Rosewood, if she ever got the chance.
Reading the weird writings of Lewis Carroll is an excellent way to escape from this troubled world into a land where anything is possible.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-08-2018, 06:53 PM

Mad Hatter: In the gardens of memory, in the palace of dreams, that is where you and I will meet

Alice Kingsleigh: But a dream isn't reality...

Mad Hatter: Who's to say which is which?

Time: Everyone parts with everything eventually, my dear.

Alice Kingsleigh: You're you again!

Mad Hatter: Well, if I'm not, I wish I was. Have we met?

Alice Kingsleigh: Yes! Well, no. I mean, not yet.

Mad Hatter: That's funny. Actually, I should know you.

Alice Kingsleigh: Well, we have met once when I was younger.

Mad Hatter: Well, I'm afraid I don't recall.

Alice Kingsleigh: That's because it hasn't happened yet.

Mad Hatter: Oh. When will it happen?

Alice Kingsleigh: Years from now, when you're older.

Mad Hatter: [confused] I'll meet you when you're younger and I'm older.

Alice Kingsleigh: I realize it doesn't make much sense.

Mad Hatter: [pauses] Makes perfect sense to me. I'm Tarrant.

Alice Kingsleigh: [shakes his hand] I know. I'm Alice.

Mad Hatter: [amused] Alice? You seem to have time all mixed up.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
more to the point of exhaustion - come on pugsie - get ya war paint on laddie!!
I think he has gone shy.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I looked up PUG in the breed standard & under temperament was this....
Temperament: Docile, Stubborn, Charming, Clever, Sociable, Playful, Quiet, Attentive.
Am I getting warm?
Just saying ,old chum.
Shaddup was uncalled for, soz.
NO apology required,RJ,old chap. Your humorous response was merely a reflexive reaction to surprise,accompanied by candescent uncertainty regarding whether you were pleased at the recognition of yourself as a valued contributor...or slight bemusement at finding a post in which you were involuntarily involved without prior permission or expectancy. Either way,non offensionum,old chap. [and if dumbug is still awake,having attempted to understand attribution variances in sobriety of expression whilst retaining equilibrium of humour....it's because he's still chewing his crayon and dribbling down his bib]. Oh-plus he has ZERO command of Latin. [duhhhh]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 09:53 PM

Is scribbles in meltdown, or, has it always been.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

26-08-2018, 09:53 PM

Page 988 of 1676 « First < 488 888 938 978 986 987 988 989 990 998 1038 1088 1488 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top