Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 09:10 AM

Re: A Style Disaster

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A walk around a Laura Ashley shop is like a psychedelic trip man

Have you been in her shop lately,LD?...I find her furniture quite plain but very expensive,I have only ever bought her curtains and cushions,the other stuff,most of it I like,but I wouldn't pay the price they are asking,...I saw a light fitting in there that I rather liked,far to expensive,looked in home base,quater the price,it looked exactly the same as Laura Ashley's expensive one.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 12:24 PM

Different strokes for different Folks..I found a box with 2 sets of flowery pink/blue lined bedroom curtains with attached pelmets which I brought from My old house when I downsized,the Childrens Charity bag says They want paired curtains/duvet covers/pillowslips etc'.so off it all goes hopefully to a new Home where Folks will appreciate them
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 12:30 PM

I agree May,my son hates my taste,he said it looks like a granny's house,...but then I am a granny,

Someone will love what you have donated to charity,...another place to get rid of stuff,car boot sale.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Have you been in her shop lately,LD?...I find her furniture quite plain but very expensive,I have only ever bought her curtains and cushions,the other stuff,most of it I like,but I wouldn't pay the price they are asking,...I saw a light fitting in there that I rather liked,far to expensive,looked in home base,quater the price,it looked exactly the same as Laura Ashley's expensive one.
Not for a few years now but I agree, the prices are very high. I think the last one I visited was a section inside a Homebase.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2018, 06:55 PM

Nice that someone will have good use out of your sofa SW. Will you be getting another one? The sales are not too far away.

We have two/three very good sized Laura Ashley shops within reasonable distance to us and I go in when I need ideas. They are very good at combining stuff/putting things together and some good ideas can be made use of. They also have a decent sale every now and then. I think most folks (the ones I know anyway) wait for the LA sale. Sometimes you can pick up a bargain.

My daughter is very good at furnishing and she makes me look old fashioned and frumpy - but I do try to keep up with her. She is a good source of cast offs and fashion rejects. My house has a lot of her stuff. Trouble is a year or so down the line she decides she likes it after all and want's it back. We are always shuttling things back and forwards.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 12:25 AM

I'd donate the curtains too. No wonder the previous owner left them behind.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Nice that someone will have good use out of your sofa SW. Will you be getting another one? The sales are not too far away.

We have two/three very good sized Laura Ashley shops within reasonable distance to us and I go in when I need ideas. They are very good at combining stuff/putting things together and some good ideas can be made use of. They also have a decent sale every now and then. I think most folks (the ones I know anyway) wait for the LA sale. Sometimes you can pick up a bargain.

My daughter is very good at furnishing and she makes me look old fashioned and frumpy - but I do try to keep up with her. She is a good source of cast offs and fashion rejects. My house has a lot of her stuff. Trouble is a year or so down the line she decides she likes it after all and want's it back. We are always shuttling things back and forwards.
Hi

I don't do retail, even in the Sales.

The mark up on furniture is enormous and loads of people sell nearly new at a fraction of the cost.

I have got a two year old Next leather small sofa, immaculate condition, for £150 delivered.

A small amount of coloured wax, a bit of elbow grease and job done.

I have other things to spend my money on.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 10:17 AM

I only buy old stuff too the older the better except soft furnishing unless I know the folks who owned it. You could always have the chair reupholstered swims... I'm not sure where you live but a pal of mine has had a lot of work done by a lady who owns Eclectic Chair just near Manchester they deliver and collect.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 10:22 AM

I liked those curtains.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 02:13 PM

Hi

A sad day today.

The sofa is going, another one has arrived.

I did promise myself I would never have anything from Next in my new house, my Ex loved the stuff from there.

It is less than two years old and leather and I only paid £150 for it.

It almost matches the rest of the stuff, I will be colour changing it to get it as near as possible.

The curtains are staying.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top