Join for free
Page 4 of 56 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:06 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Dominic Cummings visited parents' home while he had symptoms

Originally Posted by Bread ->
As far as I'm concerned he did what any parent would have done under the circumstances. It was a necessity and he took the precautions he needed to.
Most parents, and I guess there are millions of them, many sick or with sick children, chose to obey the rules .....

The necessity, as outlined by his "leader" at the time, was to stay home if infected ......

We have no idea what "precautions" he took - my guess is none ..... maybe, on his way up the M1, suffering as he was from COVID-19, he stopped off at one of the services and passed off his infection to a member of the staff who, unknowingly, passed it on to her granny, who later died from complications brought on by the virus .....

If he's as important as he thinks he is then surely he has a staff to help organise his life - arranging temporary local childcare for a man of his importance and means should not have been difficult ..... in fact, given that both parents "work", I would have thought that temporary local childcare was something they used a lot .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:10 PM

Kids can carry the virus even if not affected themselves, otherwise they'd all be back at school! He didn't think his parents might catch it from them?
Do as we say not as we do!
Can't talk to family in your own garden! Go to the park! You know where people are ignoring distancing, jogging, coughing!
Absolute shambles!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You mean one rule for everyone else another rule for him?
No, that quote is what he told the reporters earlier today - it's not, for him, just about rules - he's better/more important than other people (in his head) .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
No, that quote is what he told the reporters earlier today - it's not, for him, just about rules - he's better/more important than other people (in his head) .....
He has an air of Rasputin about him
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

23-05-2020, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
He has an air of Rasputin about him
Or Machiavelli .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

23-05-2020, 05:25 PM

Or Machiavelli .....
Quite!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:26 PM

I'm a bit baffled meself .... what is there to argue about.

It's pretty clear cut. If he's brassnecked enough to stay ( helped by the support of his colleagues) .. a bit of humility or an admission he was stretching the rules to suit himself would be nice.

Whilst he might have gone to a property that looks like an annex and appears fairy isolated.... he broke lockdown rules to get there, by a couple of hundred miles.

As a comparison look at all the (alleged celebs) who got trounced for bobbing off to second homes. Not too dissimilar but at least they could claim they hadn't got covid.

Besides, he seems have said his 4 year old son helped look after him? So the jaunt can hardly have been for the kids protection or benefit.

I suppose what's narking most people is his attitude. He couldn't care less.
One law for others and one for him. It's a common character failing of our esteemed and revered leaders .. either that or the pity of it is is that they genuinely think we're too thick to remark upon their double standards.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:28 PM

Can't wait for tomorrow - when the Journalists whip up another smoke screen.

Hopefully about a Lefty, so the we can get even!

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by tessa ->
you won't win on here annie, some folk don't want to admit that this shower of a government and the bumbling blob that "runs" it are doing anything wrong as they voted for them.
Sad really.

This country's is a mess and they caused it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 05:38 PM

Most parents, and I guess there are millions of them, many sick or with sick children, chose to obey the rules .....

The necessity, as outlined by his "leader" at the time, was to stay home if infected ......

We have no idea what "precautions" he took - my guess is none ..... maybe, on his way up the M1, suffering as he was from COVID-19, he stopped off at one of the services and passed off his infection to a member of the staff who, unknowingly, passed it on to her granny, who later died from complications brought on by the virus .....

If he's as important as he thinks he is then surely he has a staff to help organise his life - arranging temporary local childcare for a man of his importance and means should not have been difficult ..... in fact, given that both parents "work", I would have thought that temporary local childcare was something they used a lot .....

Apparently not in his case. I think its all a big deal about nothing.

Ok for the left to break the rules though eh ?

Page 4 of 56 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top