Join for free
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 12:06 PM

Re: Wonderful News! (Vaccination trials successful)

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm not trying to talk you out of having the vaccine Scot, but everyone's circumstances are different, and being an athlete for the best part of my adult life I would not risk putting an unknown substance into my body.

I took Mrs Fox for the flu jab last week, I would never have the flu jab myself, but I'm not responsible for Mrs Fox's health, and if she feels less anxious having had the jab, I'm happy that she feels it has done her good.

You say that you are thinking of other people, well I would suggest that you consider your own health first and don't worry about me...
No I wasn't worrying about you OGF. I was thinking more about medical staff having to tend me in hospital if I had refused the jab.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
No I wasn't worrying about you OGF. I was thinking more about medical staff having to tend me in hospital if I had refused the jab.
That's assuming that you caught the virus Scot, and assuming you would need medical care following the infection, and after all, it's their job, and you have been paying their wages for the last eighty years....

As a past member of a moorland search and rescue team, I did the job because I love the mountains, and if I could save a life or help someone in distress it gave me a good reason to venture out doing what I loved. It mattered not to me how they had arrived at the dreadful situation that they had found themselves in, but I considered that it was my job to put my life on the line to go and try to help them.

Before I joined the team, and after I left the team, I would still go out and put my life on the line in the interests of enjoyment and not to save a poor soul, but in the future that same team might be coming for me, and I will always applaud the work that they do. And it's the same with our fantastic medical personnel.

I have no wish to burden either, and I will do the best I can to avoid catching the virus or getting into difficulty on that wild windswept moor, but 2008 was the last time I had the flu, so I have managed to avoid catching that particular virus for 12 years without the need to resort to a vaccine. Even though flu has done the rounds every year since 2008. Mrs Fox has also avoided catching the flu since 2008 despite not having had the vaccine. But with help from the BBC and the rest of the media she has had the fear of God put on her this year, and so decided to have the flu vaccine....So far neither of us have any side effects.......Her from the vaccine, and me from the flu...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I think that we're going to see a "No Jab" ="No Entry" mandate.

I read, somewhere that Care Homes have already made such a promise (not bad after the publicity about them signing off DNR boxes, illegally).

The showing of some sort of "I've had the Jab" document is on the cards, for other facilities.

In any case, after about 90% of the pop has been injected, maybe there'll be no way the other 10% could catch it?

As an 84 year old, I think I'm likely to be "on the urgent list" but, having seen the way our Civil Servants roll things out, I'm not expecting this to happen any time soon.

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 01:54 PM

This thread started off saying 'wonderful news'...it wasn't long before it all went downhill. ..I prefer to put My trust in the Scientists/Experts..I'll let all You young uns know how I am after I get vaccinated..after all..The whole World is watching
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 02:24 PM

I read of the 5000 covid-19 deaths in Scotland 75% were over 75.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think that we're going to see a "No Jab" ="No Entry" mandate.

I read, somewhere that Care Homes have already made such a promise (not bad after the publicity about them signing off DNR boxes, illegally).

The showing of some sort of "I've had the Jab" document is on the cards, for other facilities.

In any case, after about 90% of the pop has been injected, maybe there'll be no way the other 10% could catch it?

As an 84 year old, I think I'm likely to be "on the urgent list" but, having seen the way our Civil Servants roll things out, I'm not expecting this to happen any time soon.

You're right there Ted. On the lunchtime news today they were talking about having a smartphone app so you can show that you've had your jabs. "Great", I said to V, "What about those of us that don't have smartphones? What will we have to do to prove we've had the jabs?"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why take a headache tablet if you never have headaches?
My grandmother took an aspirin very morning, "Just in case she got a headache". Many years after her death at 90 something they discovered how beneficial this was.

So there is one reason.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
My limited understanding of the biontech vaccination is that it stops you from developing a severe illness and prevents you from having symptoms. But it doesn't stop you infecting others if you are affected. .
This may be true but it is the first approval of several vaccines that are nearing the end of the trial stage. Thee are many technologies being used so the next approval may be of a more effective and easier to store vaccine which kills the virus.

Who knows? this is just the beginning, might not even be the end of the beginning.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My grandmother took an aspirin very morning, "Just in case she got a headache". Many years after her death at 90 something they discovered how beneficial this was.

So there is one reason.
Following my heart attack Bruce I have taken an aspirin every morning since 2004.....Let's hope it works for me....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2020, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
This may be true but it is the first approval of several vaccines that are nearing the end of the trial stage. Thee are many technologies being used so the next approval may be of a more effective and easier to store vaccine which kills the virus.

Who knows? this is just the beginning, might not even be the end of the beginning.
I'm full of optimism we will overcome this and perhaps some of the new technology will help us prevent other deadly diseases.

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top