Join for free
Page 223 of 259 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 05:09 AM

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's the homopreoccupied script writers who should all be locked up.
(New word I just coined. It's not in the OED as yet, but watch this page.)
What's the betting this turns up in the 'Banned Words' thread before long??!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I think they are being a bit unfair on Kel (who supposedly abused Paul) Paul was sixteen when he fell in love with Kel.
In my opinion Paul must take some responsibility for the affair.
He is gay and has also led creepy Billy on, who in my opinion is worse than Kel the way he handles Paul and takes advantage of him. Is it that Coronation Street are saying that everyone who has been allegedly abused when they were younger turn into homosexuals in adulthood? If not, Paul was already fancying older men before he was supposedly corrupted...

Billy the creepy vicar has talked Paul into being the victim, and then gone on to abuse Paul himself.....Paul was doing alright until Billy messed with his mind...It's the creepy vicar who should be locked up!
What a load of old horse dung!

Bring back Ena Sharples - she'd sort the lot of them out with just a look!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What's the betting this turns up in the 'Banned Words' thread before long??!!
I'm trying to think of some words which won't!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What a load of old horse dung!

Bring back Ena Sharples - she'd sort the lot of them out with just a look!
Yes, Ena has been long missed. However, they do seem to have created a replacement now. Different appearance but similar character.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:23 PM

I think they are being a bit unfair on Kel (who supposedly abused Paul) Paul was sixteen when he fell in love with Kel.
In my opinion Paul must take some responsibility for the affair.
He is gay and has also led creepy Billy on, who in my opinion is worse than Kel the way he handles Paul and takes advantage of him. Is it that Coronation Street are saying that everyone who has been allegedly abused when they were younger turn into homosexuals in adulthood? If not, Paul was already fancying older men before he was supposedly corrupted...

Billy the creepy vicar has talked Paul into being the victim, and then gone on to abuse Paul himself.....Paul was doing alright until Billy messed with his mind...It's the creepy vicar who should be locked up!
This idea that the victim is partly to blame for the sexual offences committed against them when they are minors is one of the reasons so many victims are reluctant to report this kind of abuse.
In this storyline, Kel was in a relationship with the Mother of Paul and Gemma and lived with them as a family while they were growing up, so he was acting in the role of stepfather.

To my mind, that makes Kel’s actions doubly despicable because he was taking advantage of a child’s love and admiration for him as a parent figure by grooming the lad and manipulating those feelings from his early teenage years.

The story of Paul is not suggesting that Kel’s abuse of him made him become gay - it’s about a sadly fairly common scenario of a parent or step parent who abuses the trust and vulnerability of a child and manipulates their feelings, so the child believes they are in a special relationship.

It’s a scenario I have heard several times before from adult women who still bear the psychological scars of being abused by a step father (or even their father) in what they saw at the time as a “loving relationship”, but we don’t hear about similar situations involving boys and stepfathers very often.Perhaps that is why Corrie has decided to show that it does happen to young boys too.
If Kel’s sexual interests had been in young girls and if he had been abusing Paul’s twin, Gemma, grooming her sexually from aged 14 and moving on to having full sex with her at 16, would you think she must bear some responsibility for the “affair” too?

The Law doesn’t think so, which is why there is a law against adults having sexual contact with someone under 18 if they are in a position of trust or if they have a family relationship as set out by the Sexual Offences Act, which specifically includes anyone who lives in the household and has caring responsibilities for a child as coming under the same legal obligations as a parent or a step parent.

I know Corrie is only fiction and is far-fetched and contrived a lot of the time - no one family or street are ever likely to be deluged with the constant stream of crimes, personal problems and drama that befalls the Corrie residents.
However, many of the individual storylines are a reflection of what is happening out there in the real world. They do research these individual storylines with organisations that deal with real victims and they try to reflect some of the lesser reported but real problems some people face in real life.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:13 PM

You raise some good points Boot, but I wasn't suggesting that Kel should be let off scot free, of course he took advantage of the young Paul, but my beef was also with the creepy vicar Billy who is still taking advantage of a frightened and mixed up young man, under the pretence of love.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by oldgreyfox ->
you raise some good points boot, but i wasn't suggesting that kel should be let off scot free, of course he took advantage of the young paul, but my beef was also with the creepy vicar billy who is still taking advantage of a frightened and mixed up young man, under the pretence of love.....
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 03:32 PM

You raise some good points Boot, but I wasn't suggesting that Kel should be let off scot free, of course he took advantage of the young Paul, but my beef was also with the creepy vicar Billy who is still taking advantage of a frightened and mixed up young man, under the pretence of love.....
Yes, I agree with you about the vicar.
The way he gets so personally involved with some of his emotionally vulnerable parishioners is most unethical and unprofessional.

I’ve lost count of the number of people who have moved in and out of the vicar’s flat. They have all had “issues” and usually he’s hardly known them five minutes before he’s moving them in to live with him and that young girl he is supposed to be Guardian to. She seems to be the one looking after him instead of vice versa.
She is a vulnerable young girl herself and the vicar isn’t providing a healthy, balanced, stable home life for that young girl, in my opinion.
I was surprised that social services left her with the vicar after her father died when she had grandparents and even more surprised she was left there on her own to cope with the vicar when he was living through a drug addiction.
I have to keep reminding myself that it isn’t real!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 10:36 AM

***. Please note, a post has been moved to the Coronation Street Spoilers thread

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...=12410&page=16.

Some member’s do not wish to know in advance what is going to happen in future episodes as it spoils the programme.
Thank you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 10:16 PM

Is anybody else wondering why has has such a young girl being given such a hateful, spiteful, nasty and angry part to play at such a young age. I am referring to Hope, I know it's only acting, but is Hope old enough to understand that it's only acting, and will it leave an impression on her extremely impressionable personality in the future?

"Did they find your marbles? Because you must have lost them by having a baby to him" A statement by Carla to Sarah while enjoying a drink in the Rovers after Sarah was showing her ultra sound scan of the unborn infant....

Coronation Street......A gift that keeps on giving.....

Page 223 of 259 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top