Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: Besoeker's travel

Another travel tale and food related.

One of our regular customers, a pump manufacturer, was having reported problems in Hong Kong. Interesting project. Many of the high rise office blocks there had sea water cooling provided by the pumps which were located in switch rooms under the seafront promenade. Access from a manhole cover and down an iron ladder. A bit of a challenge to get test kit in. And out.

The problem turned out to be the power electronics controlling the speed of the pumps. My specific knowledge of power electronics is how I got involved.

Because of the cooling duty for the offices, we had to do our investigations overnight. So we ended up having "dinner" in the early hours of the morning.

Not many choices to eat but there was one bustling restaurant where the returning early morning fishermen ate. So give it a try.

Live fish in tanks. We picked one that didn't look too bizarre.
My colleague got the rear half which meant.......including the head. The waiter stood over me while he picked out the eyes - and insisted that I ate them. Not much taste but the very idea......
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thank you, LQ.
I imagine it would. But I am just the consumer, not the producer............
My dear wife is excellent with food and cooking. She did her food blog for a while. A few ideas here.

http://adollopofcream.blogspot.com/

My input was pressing that shutter on the camera.
Those all sound just yummy , thank your dear wife .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Those all sound just yummy , thank your dear wife .
Have done so.
I'm lucky!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

08-12-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, the Beddie is still around then Besoeker.

I ask you in another thread, can't remember which one, whether you were still thinking about taking him on, as you hadn't mentioned him lately.
Glad he is still about.
Yes, still around. And we still walk him with Max. Usually twice a day. In fact we have already had about a one walk this morning.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

08-04-2020, 04:54 PM

Because of Covid-19 we have limited to one walk a day. for now. But we made it a long walk this morning.There is an open area of grass where Max gallops around chasing imaginary birds, cats, and squirrels. He does the round and comes back to me for further instructions. It's good because he gets exercise he wouldn't otherwise have.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't like salmon but I wonder if this recipe would work with tuna steak, do you think Bes?
It does, Queenie, it does!! Tried it before all this lock down nonsense started.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 05:27 PM

Apologies, Besoeker, should have mentioned I tried your wife's lovely recipe. Definitely one I will do again - with the salmon, when I can get my hands on some!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

08-04-2020, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Apologies, Besoeker, should have mentioned I tried your wife's lovely recipe. Definitely one I will do again - with the salmon, when I can get my hands on some!
No apology required young lady!! I'm just lucky.
We have a fish market in town. A close neighbour is going there on Friday and will bring us back a kilo of salmon. Should do us for a while.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top