Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 01:46 PM

Weed Burners?

A leaflet came from Robert Dyas and amongst the items advertised was a Draper electric Weed Burner at £29.99.
I had never heard of weed burners before and wondered if they would be any good?

So l ask, do any of you own a weed burner?
Maybe, you know something about them and can advise if it is worth me purchasing one?
If they are good, could you recommend a good brand please.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 02:02 PM

Re: Weed Burners?

Mrs p has one, the butane type, when she first used it, it was like a scene from apocalypse now.., I don’t think it’s been used since... obviously you have to be careful around anything that’s flammable, but if you don’t like using chemicals or can’t easily weed by hand, then it could be useful for you...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 02:28 PM

Primus, I thought, it might be good for killing weeds in my block paving drive?
Or to kill the nettles even?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 02:44 PM

The smaller model of weed burners I have heard of, they are totally illegal and called 'joints' by those who use them I believe!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
The smaller model of weed burners I have heard of, they are totally illegal and called 'joints' by those who use them I believe!
Baz, Do you mean the ones with gas canisters are illegal? I should imagine the electric ones wouldn’t be so dangerous?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Baz, Do you mean the ones with gas canisters are illegal? I should imagine the electric ones wouldn’t be so dangerous?
I think he means a different kind of weed...

Yes art, burning the weeds from your drive or patio will be fine,
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 02:52 PM

Hi

No Art, he means spliffs.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 02:56 PM

Possibly but I know nothing about those. I believe we might be speaking at cross purposes, although maybe not but I am not really sure now!

I do know the 'joints' about which I am joking are plant-based though!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No Art, he means spliffs.
To Primus and Swimmy.......Silly me.... in my innocence, l didn’t catch on!

Baz, Come here, l’ve got a knuckle sandwich for you, for tricking me!
Baz46

15-10-2019, 03:09 PM

To Primus and Swimmy.......Silly me.... in my innocence, l didn’t catch on!

Baz, Come here, l’ve got a knuckle sandwich for you, for tricking me!
Thanks Primus1 and swimfeeders, I would have used 'spliffs' but that seemed rather too obvious.

Artangel, any other sandwich filling would be acceptable but that one, thanks all the same!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top